SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I agree with all things said here. The best scene was the jump to light speed through Snooks frigate. But then, yeah..... why isn't that a standard tactic when you're about to lose every ship in the fleet one by one.

The entire island portion was garbage. What the FUCK was that milk thing all about.

The island establishes her legitimacy just like little Annie. You know, the midichlorians chose her. And Yoda says she already knows what's in the books. ...

I'm not saying a plot line there isn't needed. I'm saying it was done to rubbish results. Honestly. I'm beside myself at how 90% of the scenes were for shit.

Truthfully, it is rare -- actually damn near unheard of -- for me to flat out drift off from a movie and consciously thing, this is for shit. To have to do it at a Star Wars movie is sad.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll save my money and time. It's too bad, but maybe this one's suckage will make the next one better? Maybe?

Although I have to admit that I think most of my disappointment in the recent movies is due to not being 8 years old anymore. Four decades from that, and I find I'm just a lot harder to entertain in any way shape or form.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well I am listening to my Sig Forum friends and skipping this deal. I bought my tickets for XD 3D a good while back. I’ll see it on disc. Big fan of Looper, the directing was outstanding. But I’n not paying two boxes of ammo for this deal. I saw my Star Wars on October 5th.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with most things already posted. My 10 year old even said, “that’s pretty stupid;” on a couple of occasions and he lives for Star Wars. The Leia flying thru space especially sucked. Why does there always have to something new and undiscovered about the Force? It’s been around a thousand generations and all of a sudden people can communicate and portray their likeness onto other worlds. Really?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
This is totally unrelated, but am I the only one that thought Snoke looked like zombie Peter Weller?

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another thing that bugged me, was that there wasn't the "I have a bad feeling about this" line.

Actually I think I said that just before the movie started.

Wow, what a CF. I think Rian failed to plot a course in the navcom before going to hyperspace. I won't repeat any main points that have already been mentioned in this thread, so just little things, some plus, some minus...

The movie jumped the Sarlacc when Leia started floating. In space. Alive.

"Laser sword"? Luke said, "Laser sword"! Changing decades of nerd knowledge.

Finally someone killed someone else (in a main movie) by Force-activating an LS (lightsaber, laser sword, whatever).

The bigger and badder DeathStar in this movie is a big cannon battering ram. Not fooling me, a DS by any other name.

Is Rey really no-one? Or was Kylo lying?

I was hoping this would make up for R1, which doesn't look as bad now.

p.s. Most of the exit-reviews as we were leaving the theater were very positive. Like best SW movie ever. As someone already mentioned, they did seem to be all millenials. Not even around when the first SW movie was released.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice the Jedi books in the drawer on the Falcon when Finn got the blanket for the Rose chick? Or was I seeing things?

I enjoyed watching my kids enjoy it, but I left feeling disappointed.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yes, i saw them. I believe we are made to think Rey took them and that's what Yoda meant when he said she already had everything she needed from the tree. It was a subtle point in a movie that otherwise lacked it

quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
Did anyone notice the Jedi books in the drawer on the Falcon when Finn got the blanket for the Rose chick? Or was I seeing things?

I enjoyed watching my kids enjoy it, but I left feeling disappointed.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone notice the curving shots of energy when attacking Leias's ship?

Yes, weird. Well, they did have "curving" energy beams in TFA also, remember when the Starkiller destroyed the planets? I mean, it is an advanced civilization.

As far as the "gravity bombs", how about this: this culture has sophisticated control over gravity itself, marked by the fact that all ships have artificial gravity. So the bombs simply had onboard gravity generators used as propulsion systems.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the attempt to justify the gravity bombs

And honestly, if the story had been good or convincing I would have been fine with it

It's just a symptom of how poorly executed the movie is

Like, for example, at the end, when the dice that Luke gave Leia, but weren't really there because Luke wasn't really there....the dice were still there for Kylo Ren to find and disappear in his hand....except Luke had already died...so how were the dice still there...all the director had to do was reverse the order of the scenes in the movie

It's that kind of clumsiness that permeated this movie at all levels, and of which the gravity bombs were a symptom

In the end, the CGI animals saved more people than the heroes.

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The one part I did like was the little kid at the end with the force. I just wish he would have forced choked that asshole boss of his Vader style.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Except he was telling the damn story of Luke Skywalker before the damn millennium Falcon had even jumped into hyperspace (which is what he is watching as he holds the broom)

It had, literally, happened 15 minutes ago...and this kid is already telling the story? Am I supposed to believe he witnessed it all through the Force? And if I am, isn't that pretty damn clumsy too?

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The one part I did like was the little kid at the end with the force. I just wish he would have forced choked that asshole boss of his Vader style.

——————————————————

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
No problem.

Come to think of it, there wouldn't even be a need for onboard gravity. The ship's own artificial gravity would be the initial propulsion. Once accelerated to attack speed beyond the ship, the bombs would continue unimpeded through space on their trajectory toward the target.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Yes, i saw them. I believe we are made to think Rey took them and that's what Yoda meant when he said she already had everything she needed from the tree. It was a subtle point in a movie that otherwise lacked it

quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:

Either that, or Amazon is alive and well in a galaxy far far away...

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

For a brief moment there with the artwork I thought Watterson was back. I do miss Calvin & Hobbes.

Well we had a pair of free passes to see the flick; guess that they'll do better as a stocking stuffer for someone now.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
This thread is as entertaining as the movie was. I’m lol at yall’s reviews. Big Grin I left rooting for Snoke more than anyone else, it got that cheesy. Leia floating through space killed it for me.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So we never get to know who Snoke was, where he came from, etc. That sucks

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got back. Worst movie ever. I fell asleep at one point. Luke's character may have been the worst for me. The whole thing was so pathetic I don't even know where to start.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

"Laser sword"? Luke said, "Laser sword"! Changing decades of nerd knowledge.

To be fair, laser sword was used several times in the franchise; Anakin in TPM, clonetrooper in The Clone Wars, and Ezra in Rebels, and at least one other time that I can think of but can't remember currently.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Except he was telling the damn story of Luke Skywalker before the damn millennium Falcon had even jumped into hyperspace (which is what he is watching as he holds the broom)

I assumed that was just a shooting star and dreaming of the future kind of thing with the broom. Like Luke in E4 with the two suns.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post