SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The people who enjoyed this movie, on this forum, is a vast minority

Shit, Mark Hamill didn’t like it

I will flat out say it...I don’t understand how people liked it. I’m not going to go further than that. I try and see other points of View. On a variety of topics. Some I just nod politely, some I understand even if I don’t agree with, and some just flabbergast me. People who thought this was a good movie fall into the last category.

I’m glad people did, because I want more good Star Wars

There is more hatred for this movie than the prequels. As bad as many thought 1 or 2 were, neither served to drive people away from Star Wars like this has.

Regardless of whether you liked or hated tlj it’s effect on the franchise is indisputable. It has divided the franchise like no other installment in the universe. It’s effect on Solo was undeniable. Disney is now looking at not making more stand alone movies because of Solo’s performance, which is directly attributable to the last Jedi

Some people liked it. “We” get it. I’ve been watching Star Wars since 1977. I went to the last Jedi with the same guy I saw return of the Jedi with in 1983. We are about as disparate in the intervening years as you can get (I went into the military, he became a punk rock drummer) and so we have very different peer groups. Not a single person in either group liked the movie. I have 16 and 12 year old sons. None of their friends like the movie. 90% or more of the responses to this thread are negative. “We” aren’t all out of our minds.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Fuck you Rian Johnson

This mantra is getting old, man. We all get it and agree with you.

Who is this "we" shit?

There are still plenty of people who thought TLJ was fine. Myself included. Jesus. Roll Eyes

LOL, Orguss is right, maybe I am beating a dead horse, but I am a huge Star Wars nerd, and I have just infinite nerd rage over this movie.

I am happy you enjoyed it, really I am. Star Wars is meant to be enjoyed by all. I wish I could agree with you.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It was a shitty movie, period. And all it did was highlight that TFA really wasn’t that great either. The Star Wars fans said “OK” to TFA then the next one was SJW bullshit. Customers voted with their wallets with Solo. Good for them. Money talks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The next episode will called;

"STAR WARS - Where's The Force?"

The initialism will fit just fine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Or if they are smart, they will do a Dallas; it was all a dream, a vision of a possible future.

Maybe have Obi Wan come out at the beginning and do a Jedi mind trick on the audience, "None of you saw "The Last Jedi", it dos not exist. Oh and enjoy this real Star Wars movie."

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Or if they are smart, they will do a Dallas; it was all a dream, a vision of a possible future.

Maybe have Obi Wan come out at the beginning and do a Jedi mind trick on the audience, "None of you saw "The Last Jedi", it dos not exist. Oh and enjoy this real Star Wars movie."

Not sure where I saw it (maybe here 15 pages ago), but there is a large number of fans that just want them to re-do Ep8. Pretend this turd never happened.

And I would be ok with that.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Billy Dee is back for episode 9...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Ugh

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ffs... Yeah. That's what's gonna save Star Wars after the damage they've done. Lando fucking Calrissian.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Ffs... Yeah. That's what's gonna save Star Wars after the damage they've done. Lando fucking Calrissian.

And like we're going to trust him after what he did to Han.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're serious?

Wow, they have learned NOTHING from the Ep TurdFest. . .

I like Billy D, but come on, MOVE ON ALREADY. Who are they going to bring back next? They already had Adm Akbar, Nien Nub, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, CFrickin3PO, Leia,. . .

I guess they can bring back Boba Fett while they're at it (he survived the Sarlac pit in the EU novels) and maybe that bald guy who was Lando's chief of security on Bespin. All the imperials are dead (except for maybe the "These aren't the droids you're looking for / Move Along Guy" from Ep4?).

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This is entertainment, right?

Who gives a fuck.

I'm a long time fan of Star Wars, but for fucks sake, it doesn't matter.

Is your dick getting wet? No? Then maybe being concerned about Star Wars is a worthy pursuit.

Damn. Life is too short to argue over fiction.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

That means he’ll die in it.

Tay-tay is directing it so it’ll be shit anyhow. Shaky cam, maybe some multiple time lines a la his reboot of Star Trek. Arc is right, and this deal is dead. The problem with Disney is they are control whores so no supremely talented director would step into their shit. Christopher Nolan, Alfonso Cuarón, and Ridley Scott have all directed solid “space” films in recent years but Disney would never let a quality director come in and take it over for the better. The films will continue to be homogenized bs for millennials, etc. Hell they should suck it up and hire George Lucas at this point. As long as Tay-Tay is involved there is no hope as far as I am concerned. I just looked at his direction history and there isn’t a single film worth a damn outside of Super 8.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Why are you calling him Tay-tay? I keep thinking you're talking about Taylor Swift.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I was thinking a parallel time-line could save the franchise. Reboot e8 without admitting it was wrong. Clumsy yes, but I'll take anything at this point.

Help us, Jar-Jar, you're our only hope.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
This is entertainment, right?

Who gives a fuck.

I'm a long time fan of Star Wars, but for fucks sake, it doesn't matter.

Is your dick getting wet? No? Then maybe being concerned about Star Wars is a worthy pursuit.

Damn. Life is too short to argue over fiction.

The Lair
An area for discussing common interests--Film, literature, music and hobbies.

SW is a 'common interest.' We aren't declaring jihad or launching a crusade. We are bitching and moaning about a movie franchise. We aren't stopping all other life functions and retreating into safe spaces to cry over the last movie (like the millennials are probably still doing over the last election).

It's what we sci-fi nerds do. To us, this is a 'worthy pursuit.'

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Why are you calling him Tay-tay? I keep thinking you're talking about Taylor Swift.

Because that’s what I call him. His films suck so instead of Jay Jay I call him Tay Tay.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Obi Wan movie is back on

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like the Obi Wan movie is back on

Please tell me they at least got Ewen McGregor to play Ben.

Or is it supposed to be his early life? We met him as a teenager in Ep1, we see him through the prequels and Clone Wars. He becomes a hermit in the desert.

Where is there a standalone movie in there?

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He spends eighteen years in the desert. Perhaps there's something there. Or maybe it's about how he came to be a Jedi under Qui-Gon's tutelage.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
TLJ was soooooo bad, I've honestly lost interest in the whole series.

Rogue One in 2016 -----> TLJ in 2017

No series has cratered that much in one year.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post