SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Last Jedi --- SPOILER thread for discussion Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He spends eighteen years in the desert. Perhaps there's something there. Or maybe it's about how he came to be a Jedi under Qui-Gon's tutelage.

I believe its about his time in the desert. Ewan was on to play him, then off, then on, then off, now rumored to be on. Something involving him and the Jedi purge could be interesting

Also the writer of the Game of Thrones series have been given a shot at a trilogy of their own, but that could be years down the road.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
He spends eighteen years in the desert. Perhaps there's something there. Or maybe it's about how he came to be a Jedi under Qui-Gon's tutelage.

Dawn. Damn the dawn. Twin suns somehow turn dawn harder than the armor on a Corellian freighter. Obi-wan finds himself gritting his teeth against the twin devils, preparing his T-16 to head to the nearest cantina for some supplies. The hot wind from the south smells of bantha poodoo, but the gentle hum from the moisture vaporator helps him forget the stink. It's a hard life on Tatooine. The air is dusty, the wind smells bad, and the sand gets everywhere.

Everywhere.

Obi-wan wipes the gritty sweat off his brow. Finally the T-16's computer's motivator is installed.

"OBI!"

Shit.

"Obi-wan don't you pretend like you didn't hear me. I asked you to get a gallon of blue milk TWO DAYS ago and you forgot. Don't you mansplain to me about how you had to check in on 'Brian' again. I know you're driving by the Lars place and checking out Beru. I installed a hyperspace tracker on that piece of shit speeder and I know you've been there every day. Beru even tells me about how you keep looking at her boobs pretendin' like it's all about Luke. You make me puke you sonofabitch. Stupid ass white man. Don't give me none of that bullshit about Jedi business either because I know that shit is just your honkey ass privilege male ass pretending like you don't owe me for how your micro-agressions caused the galactic civil war. Your gungan face couldn't hide a lie if you tried. All you white human men are a galactic super germ on the galaxy."

The end.

Written, directed, filmed by Kathleen Kennedy.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

I believe its about his time in the desert.

Oh, for the love of all that's holy, NOT another movie set in the bloody DESERT! I'm SICK of Tatooine. And Jakku. WTH - Star Wars has to pay extra for trees and running water?. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But...but...it's so inexpensive to shoot in the desert!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I finally watched this yesterday. I just found it uninteresting. I didn’t care about the characters, the storyline or the ending. I doubt I’ll watch the next one, even as a rental, because I have no interest in what happens.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Looking like they might can Ruin Johnson and Kennedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf79IJzrv64

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the whole Disney Star Wars reboot has pancaked into the desert hard after TLJ and Han Solo.

They forgot that while the SW universe and special effects is important, people watch for the characters and story.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Go to YouTube

Search for I.M.P.S. The Relentless.

Disney should take note that this fan film is better than everything they have produced so far.

Enjoy.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I hope to hell its true, but until there is an official announcement from Disney, I doubt it. SOLO losing money has been waking some people up, but I don't know if they are yet willing to take that step.

The new animated series cutting out Dave Filoni is not a great sign.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The new animated series cutting out Dave Filoni is not a great sign.

Dave used to, in essence, run that story group for George Lucas. The fact that they're not utilizing him to flesh out the Disney-Star Wars universe is sad. He could probably spend a weekend and they'd have 4 phases like Marvel and probably start printing money again. Dave himself expressed interest in moving away from the "everything Skywalker era" of the SW universe.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Solo actually lose money or just not make as much as predicted?

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wiki says it’s at $117M profit

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:

It was damaged by the poor reception The Last Jedi received, since it was released only half a year after that movie was released. Had they waited until December, the same month when the previous three Star Wars movies were released, Solo would most likely have opened to a far more interested audience.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Looking like they might can Ruin Johnson and Kennedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf79IJzrv64

It has been rumored for months that Kennedy was out. Just a few months to pick a replacement and transition all her duties. I’m hopeful to put an end to the Vagina Wars.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by equivet:

I've read and heard conflicting numbers. It technically made back the production budget, but the marketing, merchandising, etc costs as well as other "hidden" costs in making the movie were estimated to be at least twice as much, if not far more, than production costs.

So technically it made money as a movie. But it was an absolute dog as a brand. Disney isn't just in the Star Wars game for the movie revenue.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Plinkett review is up; however, it's not nearly as good as Mauler's unbridled rage.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I watched this steaming piece of crap again this afternoon on Netflix. It was even worse than I remembered.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My new favorite movie reviewer:

https://youtu.be/sXNc-5X6xpw

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Pretty accurate review

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Still a steaming pile of sith....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post