New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fraiser Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Over the last few weeks--even before the Wupocalypse--I've been watching clips from Fraiser during my downtime.

I had forgotten how great this show was. Excellent, snappy writing and great acting all around.

The highpoint of 90s sitcoms, IMO.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Niles was a hoot.

Some shows and themes were stupid. Others were great w/ good life lessons.

I liked the Halloween episode where Niles came as Dad. It's memorable to me for some reason.

And the one where we find out why Dad keeps that recliner.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch it when it was on TV...caught it on Amazon Prime or Netflix. It IS absolutely genius writing on a scale of Seinfeld and TBBT.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
One of the well produced and successful spin-off series.

The writing, the acting (right down to the character's facial gestures), the reparte, even the comedic timing were simply brilliant.

I'm usually late to trends and social phenomenon and didn't watch the show (same for Seinfeld in my case) initially, but a family member loved the show and as I watched it with her I grew to love the characters and truly appreciate the comedy.

There are many episodes and seasons I've missed and it would be nice to add it to the collection someday.

I've long felt it was an under rated under appreciated comedy.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite series and I watch it nightly at 8pm.

Just like other shows, I like the earlier seasons better than the latter.

To me it is comedy at its finest and had a great cast.

I wish many of the shows now had the witty repartee that Fraiser did.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I love that show! He was one of my favorite characters on Cheers, which we became hooked on in undergrad.

One of my favorite t-shirts was a white one with "Eddie", the JRT on it...I still have it after all these years.

Posts: 739 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Niles was certainly a great character

my favorite episode was the one where he was ironing his slacks and lit the apartment on fire

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...E2C45B1A79&FORM=VIRE

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My wife loved to put that on at dinner time when it was on Netflix. They took it off a couple of months ago though.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Between Cheers and Frasier, Kelsey Grammer is tied with James Arness of Gunsmoke for the length of time playing the same character, 20 years. His other work is very good, too. He is one of those actors who makes you forget who he is and instead believe he is the character.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a bit young to really catch all the humor when it originally aired, I do enjoy watching the show today. Certainly a very well done show.

I've always thought 2 and Half Men in a way stole the basis of their show from Fraiser. Changed a few characters around and added vulgarity to it.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPrlVXeuEA

Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
For me the acting and comedic timing was the best. Character play was phenomenal and “Bulldog” was my favorite.

Incredible, to me, how over-the-top, testosterone infused, alpha-male dominating a character he was only to find out in his real life he was/is gay. A+ on his character!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the best written show overall, in my view. Great chemistry between the actors as well.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm surprised at the unanimous consent. One of my favorite shows. It's aged very well.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post