SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    B.B. King & Friends - A Blues Session (live w/ Gladys Knight, Eric Clapton, Etta James, Stevie Ray Vaughan...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B.B. King & Friends - A Blues Session (live w/ Gladys Knight, Eric Clapton, Etta James, Stevie Ray Vaughan...) Login/Join 
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted
I heard an Etta James cover on SiriusXM this afternoon that I had to search for on Youtube as soon as I got home. As so often happens, going down the Youtube rabbit hole led to some wonderful and unexpected places. Came across this gem worth sharing, I think:

LINK

If nothing else, go to 11:18 and listen to "The Thrill is Gone" featuring BB, Eric Clapton, and Phil Collins. Or "The Sky is Crying" at 28:15 with SRV, Albert King, and Paul Butterfield. "Ain't Nobody's Business" with Etta James, Chaka Khan, and Gladys Knight at 43:03 is a must-listen too IMO. Hell, just watch/listen to the whole thing like I am Smile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S600MBUSA,

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Awesome thanks, enjoyed that. Miss BB and SRV - nice to see Clapton and SRV jamming with one of the influences on their styles.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Not showing for me for some reason. Can you post the URL? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Not seeing anything. Would love to watch it.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Downloading it now (363MB) for later enjoyment. Thanks for the find!

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Forgive my faux pas Wink

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOSnUmLt5VQ

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
man, I love Gladys Knight. Chaka Khan, on the other hand...

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Chaka Khan is better off not hitting those high notes. Got this stored on my hard drive now. Thanks so much. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
the whole thing, except Chaka, weas great. She was just LOUD

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post