New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sugar, Sugar Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Waiting on hold for over ten minutes, I'm reminded of simple studio music ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
First thing this song always makes me think of:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCtl0yLKYs

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We called this Bubblegum Music when I was playing rock.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
OMG! That takes me back to Blanchard's Donut shop in Mableton Ga in 1969 or '70...it was played on the juke box ad nausium every time we went in for a pastry Eek...this post brought back good and disturbing (in a good flashback sorta way) memories Razz...now to get the ear-worm outta my old brain Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I was on hold for 36 minutes recently. Bubblegum music on loop, a 2 minute compilation, so I heard all of their tape 15-20 times ...

posted Hide Post
Ok, let's at least make this tolerable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnylZ8f4hNk

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Seriously...that was the first time it had heard the Wilson Pickett's cover and it is heavens above the Archies abomination...thank you for the link to YouTube (it probably will keep me from having nightmares about cheap cartoons singing repeative versed pop songs and heavy lard infused donuts with chocolate and rich vanilla icing...

Dem were the days...you could even drive to "Howard's everything store on South Cobb Drive and to show ID and sign for and buy .22 LR Remington Golden for $.50 for a 50 round box...we had show we were 18 to buy rifle ammo...if the .22 were to be used in handguns, you had to be 21...crazy times

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
My 11 year old niece knows the song word for word. Almost. Wonder where she learned it. She does not remember.

Yes, 100-round tins (the tins were round, containing 100 rounds, not 100 round tins of 100 rounds each) were $1.00 in 1986. Shooting a crapped up Colt Woodsman in the Montana hills. Funny, back then it was a beater gun. A couple years back, visiting, no one knew what had happened to it.