SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Apple TV+ Original: Greyhound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple TV+ Original: Greyhound Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
This is an Apple TV+ original. Synopsis:
quote:

In a thrilling WWII story inspired by actual events, Captain Ernest Krause (Tom Hanks) leads an international convoy of 37 ships on a treacherous mission across the Atlantic to deliver thousands of soldiers and much-needed supplies to Allied forces.

Ref: Greyhound

My wife and I watched it last night. It's a real nail-biter. We both thoroughly enjoyed it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, not quite an Apple original. They bought rights to film after pandemic started and movie theaters shut down. It was suppose to come out in theaters in June. Here is the the original discussion on it:

Sigforum Greyhound

I enjoyed it too.

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. Not an original, just an exclusive.

Original = Apple/Netflix/Amazon/etc. funded the film production from the beginning. It's their creation, and this means they usually exert some creative control throughout the writing/casting/filming process, as well as having the sole rights to stream the show or movie.

Exclusive = Apple/Netflix/Amazon/etc. paid the TV/film production company a chunk of money after the film/show is already complete, to buy exclusive distribution rights so none of their competitors can stream it too. They didn't necessarily create it or have any say in how it was made; they just have a distribution monopoly as the sole means of viewing it.

Originals are also exclusive. But exclusives are not all originals. (Most aren't.) Wink

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I've watched it twice now. After some posts in a previous thread here, I went back a watched it the second time. I'm glad I did. I actually liked it more the second time around and caught a few details I missed in the first showing.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've watched it twice too. IMHO the worst thing about this drama was that it was too short! I'd have enjoyed it more if it was longer (2+ hours vs 90 minutes). That would have provided a little more time for character development and the fighting scenes. Those 90 minutes go by fast!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post