SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fargo - Season 3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fargo - Season 3 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Jeez, that English guy creeps me out. And, sure glad my last name isn't Stussy!

Varga is certainly not very lovable. He does make a good antagonist though.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Love this show. The episode with the chase through the woods was amazing. I missed out on Season 2 so I will have to go back and watch it.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Paraphrasing liberally -- Some days you get the cat, some days the cat gets you. A bowling alley no less. Red Face

Kind of surprised this show isn't getting more attention here. Season 3 has maybe been the best ride, a very good story and a larger, more memorable cast of characters.

That was great. My wife had no idea why I was smiling throughout the whole scene.

The past 2 episodes have been great, and they are building towards what looks like a strong finish. I could have done without the Varga Rocky Road toilet scenes.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Paraphrasing liberally -- Some days you get the cat, some days the cat gets you. A bowling alley no less. Red Face

Kind of surprised this show isn't getting more attention here. Season 3 has maybe been the best ride, a very good story and a larger, more memorable cast of characters.

That was great. My wife had no idea why I was smiling throughout the whole scene.

The past 2 episodes have been great, and they are building towards what looks like a strong finish. I could have done without the Varga Rocky Road toilet scenes.

Haha, I laughed my ass off at the Rocky Road/toilet scene. Anytime they zoom in on Varga's nasty teeth chewing some sort of food is hilarious. He tries to be so in control of everything that there is a great irony to his binging and purging of any and all food he shovels down his throat.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So.............

Which scenario happened?!?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
So.............

Google it................because it's a true story you know.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'll have to take solace as time clicked away, Burgle maintained a satisfied look on her face, no shots of Varga. In keeping with previous seasons, the protagonists fared well, the perps not so much.

**spoiler** Hated to see Emmit's fate. So many undeserving victims this season and Emmit was not without sin. He was a good-hearted guy and as much a victim as anyone. Getting out alive, as damaged as he was, would have been fine with me. And Nikki, jeez, she seemed to be an ultimate survivor.

Season three was not a happy experience but a great ride.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
It was a GREAT season overall, IMO. Great story. Great production. Great writing.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
So.............

I say... snickers bar for Gloria

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was a GREAT season overall, IMO. Great story. Great production. Great writing.

Best season yet. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
One thing I have learned during the entire three seasons.... Don't mess with a deaf guy wearing tassels.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
One thing I have learned during the entire three seasons.... Don't mess with a deaf guy wearing tassels.

Yeah I love his theme. Wow that was fun when he showed up.

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I didn't recognize the deaf guy until I looked him up. He's Mr. Numbers' partner Mr. Wrench from season one! Eek He was supposed to have escaped custody when Malvo gave him the keys to his handcuffs. I guess he couldn't get away.

It would seem he is the sole connection between season 3 and past seasons. Unless I missed something/someone else.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
He has had a part in all 3 seasons

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

David Thewlis who plays Varga is also is Wonder Woman.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:
quote:
quote:

David Thewlis who plays Varga is also is Wonder Woman.

And the Big Lebowski

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I knew the deaf guy was in the previous seasons I just couldn't remember any more details than that.

Crazy ending to this season. I still like seasons one and two better but it was well worth the time to watch and I hope it comes back.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
So.............

I say... snickers bar for Gloria
deep fried.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So was there any point to the books in the floor and that whole offshoot, or was that just there for the heck of it. I feel like I missed something with that episode or 2, like how it pushed the story along.....

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post