SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fargo - Season 3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fargo - Season 3 Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Anyone watch last night?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Anyone watch last night?

Goddamnit. I missed it.
Good?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Anyone watch last night?

Goddamnit. I missed it.
Good?

Yes, but........strange. Big Grin

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anyone watch last night?

Goddamnit. I missed it.
Good?

Yes, but........strange. Big Grin

Thank you for summing up all the Fargo episodes to date. Wink

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This one was stranger than usual, but yes it was good, I think its a nice start.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
As with the first two, I liked it. The first five minutes or so was REALLY strange, but as odd as that was, there seems to be a tie-in.

I though the music selection was great, especially Nathaniel Rateliff's S.O.B. at the end of the episode. Very apropos.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yes, slick and well done. Good characters and conflicts are now set up, I'll be watching. I must say, after three seasons, whatever you call that Minnesota accent and idiom, it's being laid on a little thick. It's coming across as forced and a bit contrived.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Like a camera inside a bowling ball finger hole as it spins down the lane toward the pins.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Anyone watch last night?

Goddamnit. I missed it.
Good?

I did too. I watched it this morning on FX.com though. Go there to see it and it's definitely worth watching.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
First two seasons were connected kinda sorta. Is that not the case this time?

First episode was...interesting to say the least Big Grin I'm in.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched and Enjoyed it.
Typical Coen Bros. fare.
If you should ever spend a bit of time in Minnesota you will hear the accent(s) as in the TV series. If you're not careful you'll pick that accent up yourself

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
What the heck do you mean?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
what were the two books in the lock box?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
The books were titled "The Dungeon Lurk" and "Planet Wym", took a couple of pauses to make the names out.

Neither is a real book according to google.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
"Planet Wym"

More UFOs this season?! Red Face

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another excellent, but very strange episode last night.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another excellent, but very strange episode last night.

Nikki is a loose cannon, but she is a hottie who seems to be able to get Ray to do anything she wants.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
With one word, another Coen Brothers movie reference.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Indeed strange, but interesting. I'm still in for more.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Well, that was interesting. And, the young girl is Francesca Eastwood, Clint's daughter. Her mother was Frances Fisher who played the girl all grown up. And, was Strawberry Alice in Unforgiven.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post