SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Boz Scaggs - Loan Me a Dime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boz Scaggs - Loan Me a Dime Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
It had been a few years since I'd listened to this song, but recently "rediscovered" it in my music library.

Such a great song. IMO, the guitar playing by Duane Allman is some of his best work,

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed Boz Skaggs. That was a good listen, all 12:44 of it.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oTFvAvsHC_Y

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I always liked Scaggs. He pops up on one of my Pandora channels from time to time.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him *live in Iowa in "09",
what a great time,
I'd go again in a minute.

http://www.bozscaggs.com/#tour

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Boz as well. Good stuff. I think he is from Ohio?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
He got a bad rep from the disco era. His recent work is also very good.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I saw him do a show in January. He closed with Loan Me a Dime. The man can play the blues, it was awesome!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
I saw him do a show in January. He closed with Loan Me a Dime. The man can play the blues, it was awesome!

I followed the link Bendable posted. He is going to be in my area this summer. I would love to see him play this song.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6393 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Is a great song, hard to beat the version he did with Duane for the album.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
He's coming to Spokane on Aug 11 with Michael McDonald. That should be an awesome show. I'll order tickets when they become available.

Thanks for the link Bendable.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Most excellent- thank you for an all time favorite. Boz was one of my first concerts...MANY years ago.

Posts: 4520 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in as a Boz fan. I like his work through the years. And, yes, of course I have Loan Me A Dime on this album, ever since the day, since I was also an Allman Bros. fan and had to have such a Duane guest appearance in my collection.

Oh, I'll be gone for a little while; I've got to go call my old time used-to-be...

Posts: 2690 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I was just playing Loan Me a Dime again now and my son says "Dad, who is this? This is great."

I love passing on good music to the next generation. Razz

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

What always boggles my mind is how the artists I enjoy are soehow related in their work. Im not much of a music afficianado, but like listening. I just did a Wiki on Boz and see that he was involved with the Steve Miller Band. (Another favorite of mine.) All facinating stuff!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, thank you. Have not heard any of him in a while.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post