SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Leave no Trace - Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leave no Trace - Movie Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I found this to be an absolutely wonderful movie.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/leave_no_trace/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of this, it opened in the US on July 1, 2018.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3892172/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This one never made a big splash but had 100% on rotten tomatoes for a while

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
It’s on Amazon Prime now. Will have to check it out.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Loved it. From the directer of Winter's Bone (2010), Debra Granik. You can stream on amazon.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
It’s on Amazon Prime now. Will have to check it out.

Me too! I'd never heard of it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had seen the trailer for this when it quietly slipped in and out of the theaters and recently caught it online...I enjoyed it and thought it was very well done

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Ben Foster is the most underrated actor working today. It’s a crying shame.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

I agree.

He is a very talented actor.

While rather dark, I liked this movie. But, it would have been nice, IMO, to know why/how he got to where he is. Clearly he's a vet with PTSD issues, but why?

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

I agree.

He is a very talented actor.

While rather dark, I liked this movie. But, it would have been nice, IMO, to know why/how he got to where he is. Clearly he's a vet with PTSD issues, but why?

Same here I kept waiting for him to have flash backs or something to give you some idea of how he got to where he was. And where was his wife? Pretty slow moving and minimal dialogue. No ending or closure is something I'm not a fan of. Spending 2 hours watching a movie and then left having to wonder or create my own ending is not why I invest time watching movies. Ben Foster's cred is the only reason I stuck with it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here I kept waiting for him to have flash backs or something to give you some idea of how he got to where he was. And where was his wife? Pretty slow moving and minimal dialogue. No ending or closure is something I'm not a fan of. Spending 2 hours watching a movie and then left having to wonder or create my own ending is not why I invest time watching movies. Ben Foster's cred is the only reason I stuck with it.

I too wish they would have given some insight as to how he got the way he was. But I'm also glad they didn't make his past the main theme of the story. The story was about where he is today and how he's coping. I thought the ending was done the only way it could have been given the circumstances. I got closure and didn't feel I needed to fabricate anything else to the ending. I think it was pretty obvious what eventually would happen to the main characters.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t bad but I sure wish something would have actually happened.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
But, it would have been nice, IMO, to know why/how he got to where he is. Clearly he's a vet with PTSD issues, but why?
You'll have to wait for the prequel, don't ya know.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post