SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    48 hours - William R. Forstchen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

48 hours - William R. Forstchen Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
author of One Second After.

has anyone read this? thumbs up?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read all three in the series and all of them are thumbs up, in my opinion. I like how they help me to look at where I'm at and think about possible preparations for any what-ifs.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I read the two reviews on iBooks and they were both negative. I seem to remember reviews here stating his third book in the One Second After trilogy was poorly written, as well.

I did enjoy Pillar to the Sky and Day of Wrath, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I gave my copy of Day of Wrath to a couple teachers. Both started training in Krav Maga and got firearms training, along with their CCW. One was a third grade teacher, the other was a 5th grade teacher.

The Day of Wrath gave me nightmares because that is exactly what I am expecting them to do.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to correct myself. For whatever reason, I thought "48 Hours" was one of the "One Second After Trilogy". It isn't, so I haven't read this one. Disregard my previous post.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
f2-

There was a recent karma of 48 Hrs in the lounge.
I was the third winner and just sent it off to #4.
Reach out to member Hambony - perhaps he'll make you winner #5!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
f2-

There was a recent karma of 48 Hrs in the lounge.
I was the third winner and just sent it off to #4.
Reach out to member Hambony - perhaps he'll make you winner #5!
^ that's a good deal. already have the kindle though so i'm good. thanks.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm about halfway through it. If you liked his other stuff, you'll probably like this. It's in his typical vein.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post