Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DMX GONE Login/Join 
posted
I know, I know. Another thug gone. I know.

But someone like me who loves CCR and the Mommas and Pappas.

DMX helped me get through the early 2000's.

Enjoyed his music and it smoothed me out before other things (big pharma).

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rapper-dmx-dead

Sorry he is gone.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I still listen to DMX.

Rap from his era is the best.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.. Something about it. I agree and am thankful for it

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's sad to see him go. I've never been a huge rap fan, but he was the soundtrack to my highschool years. Many hours spent working hard at wrestling practice with the team captains blaring his first two albums. I still get a surge of energy when I hear Ruff Ryder's Anthem. Party Up makes me think of riding to school or heading up into the mountain to go fishing in my friend's ratted out car.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RIP DMX. The music video to Rough Riders Anthem will always remain one of my favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Jeez, have you guys took a look at his rap sheet? No great loss.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See ya.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s interesting how they’re calling his death a heart attack despite it being a drug overdose. It’s pretty clear why; there are too many parallels to Floyd’s death in both the chemicals involved and the body’s reaction to long term usage. Yes, nobody was using a restraint hold on DMX, but the health factors he was suffering can be seen in Floyd too.

Sorry for the drift.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not a rap fan and maybe had heard of DMX. So I checked some You Tubes and am hard pressed to find value. A touch edgier and a lot blacker than Bud Bundy's Grandmaster B, equally silly.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wans't a DMX fan but, somehow the movie Belly I enjoyed watching.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I won’t judge him. Lord knows I’ve made mistakes in my life. Maybe his caught up to him and it cost him. Maybe they didn’t, I don’t know. What I do know is that I am sad to learn of his passing.

Anyone who opens their iconic music video with a motorcycle doing a wheelie along with an amazing and comical caption then follows that up with a Yamaha Banshee doing a wheelie center stage has my full attention and respect.

When I think of DMX these two images immediately pop into my head.

I wish I could figure out how to imbed the music video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He struggled with addiction his whole life and his music talks about it a lot. That he likely died from it as well will hopefully reach some people that wouldn’t have been otherwise, people who are so far down the scale they have him to look up to. He’s like Layne Staley in that way.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A family member claims b.s. but that could be b.s. as well. Either way he had lifelong addiction problems that most likely contributed to his demise.

“[DMX] got the vaccine when they opened it up to people over 50. He got it so that he could go travel and perform, stuff like that … Everyone [in the news] keeps saying that [DMX] had a drug overdose. How do they know. I’m in the family and no doctor told me anything about an overdose… Yes he had past issues with drugs. But nobody knows that he had an OD. It’s f**cked up that its being reported like that… He took that vaccine, and he had a heart attack. I’m not saying the vaccine did it, but he never had a heart attack before.”

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Saw DMX live at Woodstock '99. Solid set. Enjoyed him immensely. I remember how Stephen Baldwin and Rosie Perez came out on stage to introduce him, mimicking his name in giant letters with their arms. D! M! X! Then he came out and killed it.

Loved me some DMX back then

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t recognize the name or music.

I hope he was financially prudent. He’s survived by his.....15 children. Surprisingly no mention of his wife or baby mommas.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I’m not saying the vaccine did it, but he never had a heart attack before.”

So what they're saying is... He'd never had a heart attack, until he had a heart attack.

That's deep.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Jeez, have you guys took a look at his rap sheet? No great loss.

quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
See ya.

Some of you guys can be judgmental dicks; especially when it comes to entertainers. Music is crazy personal to people, it speaks in different ways. DMX was no saint, does that make his influence any less relevant?

Why come into a thread and shit all over him? Especially started by someone who actually feels bad about his death?

Rest In Peace, DMX. Your song, My N*ggers was the beginning of all of my triathlon training rides. It always made me LOL and gave me a good start.

Howard Stern did a fantastic parody song that they actually played on KROK before he went to satellite.

NSFW - for obvious reasons!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I’m not saying the vaccine did it, but he never had a heart attack before.”

So what they're saying is... He'd never had a heart attack, until he had a heart attack.

That's deep.

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He had a rough time growing up. Some can rise above and have no issues, others can't.

His mom knocked his damned front teeth out at six years old type of hard time.

I'm not one to judge. He did pretty good in my opinion.

He went to jail a lot for sure, but I don't recall one time for banging minors (I'm looking at you R Kelly)

Enjoyed his music.