SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hereditary(movie)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hereditary(movie) Login/Join 
ichi-go ichi-e
Picture of Underworld2086
posted
I didn't have any notions or expectations about this film. It kinda came out of nowhere and really surprised me how good a horror film could be. If I had to compare it to another film, it's sorta in the vein of "The Others"; really unsettling.

Posts: 696 | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I saw it last night and thought it was great! I am still thinking about how well it kept the tension throughout with great acting, surprising twists, and shocking imagery. A great mixture of horror and psychological thriller. Part The Exorcist, Rosemary’s Baby, maybe The Witch and The Sixth Sense, and yes The Others. I want to see it again to look for things I missed last night.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I didn't expect to think about cinematography (Pawel Pogorzelski - (me neither)) walking into this. Some of the shots are especially noteworthy [ graveside service ]. There's probably computer generated images - but they don't stand out. Definitely an atypical horror film. I gave it 9/10.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw it...hands down one of the best (horror) movies I've ever seen. Story, acting, production, plot twists, attention to detail (watch very, very closely), you name it. 10/10.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah I thought it was pretty good and well worth watching. I will probably watch again with the wife. When I watched it a couple nights ago I was browsing the internet on laptop also and next time I will give it my full attention.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post