SIGforum
Hereditary(movie)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1600058244

June 09, 2018, 03:01 AM
Underworld2086
Hereditary(movie)
I didn't have any notions or expectations about this film. It kinda came out of nowhere and really surprised me how good a horror film could be. If I had to compare it to another film, it's sorta in the vein of "The Others"; really unsettling.
June 09, 2018, 10:04 AM
G-Man
I saw it last night and thought it was great! I am still thinking about how well it kept the tension throughout with great acting, surprising twists, and shocking imagery. A great mixture of horror and psychological thriller. Part The Exorcist, Rosemary’s Baby, maybe The Witch and The Sixth Sense, and yes The Others. I want to see it again to look for things I missed last night.
June 09, 2018, 05:27 PM
f2
I didn't expect to think about cinematography (Pawel Pogorzelski - (me neither)) walking into this. Some of the shots are especially noteworthy [ graveside service ]. There's probably computer generated images - but they don't stand out. Definitely an atypical horror film. I gave it 9/10.
January 07, 2019, 09:30 PM
Batty67
Just saw it...hands down one of the best (horror) movies I've ever seen. Story, acting, production, plot twists, attention to detail (watch very, very closely), you name it. 10/10.
January 09, 2019, 12:27 PM
grumpy1
Yeah I thought it was pretty good and well worth watching. I will probably watch again with the wife. When I watched it a couple nights ago I was browsing the internet on laptop also and next time I will give it my full attention.