SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
This game was released Tuesday and it looks amazing. I've watched a couple of videos on YouTube of play-throughs of the beginning as well as explanations of character classes. I bought it and am looking forward to playing this!

https://youtu.be/Lyk7csqDvCE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I loves me some Warhammer 40k, I'm not sure my 'puter can handle it, it looks amazine.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been holding off, but look forward to reviews!

Some of the initial reviews of early versions weren't stellar, but they pushed back the release a bit and hopefully to address those issues

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've been playing for almost two hours now and I'm loving it. I'm playing as a Psyker Empyreanist, which is the equivalent of a mage class. Lots of damage in lightning attacks and a channeled beam weapon, plus an ultimate attack that causes massive burn damage.

I tried to do co-op multiplayer but there's a ton of lag and rubberbanding. Not three minutes into a session, my team got wiped because of the lag and people bailed. It will require a lot of work to overcome connectivity issues.

The story is terrific. I have never played the tabletop game so I don't know the lore but it seems like I have yet to run across a Warhammer 40k video game I haven't enjoyed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I have never played the tabletop game so I don't know the lore...

Lemme splain...no, is too much, lemme sum up:

Life is suffering and sacrifice, everyone dies, there is no victory only unending war.

I'm pretty happy at the moment, so I'm not sure I'm in the mood for grimdark right this second, but this is surely going on my wishlist. Looks like a nice, brutal, romp through the flesh of Emperors enemies!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never played the tabletop game so I don't know the lore.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nobody actually plays the tabletop game. They just sit around painting minis. Wink

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
I have never played the tabletop game so I don't know the lore.

PURGE THE HERETIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Nobody actually plays the tabletop game. They just sit around painting minis. Wink

So, so true...said as I trudge back downstairs to my cave to stare at the mound of unpainted plastic and resin....

THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
My boxes of battletech minis feel your pain. 90% are bare, or primer only.

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
They released a patch today that addressed a bunch of issues, some of which I actually experienced. I really want this game to do well but it's hard not to notice the bugs that are heavily prevalent in this game.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Decided to try a melee character, so I went with a Crusader Assault. Main weapon set is a power sword/suppression shield and secondary is a great sword. I actually use the great sword more because it has a basic attack that does damage in a cone and a major attack that does aoe. Using a chain sword with a shield is kinda fun, though.

I've tried going pure ranged tank and that pretty much fell flat right away. I also created an Assassin Sniper, but while a little more practical is still difficult to use.

So out of my two best characters, the Psyker Empyreanist and the Crusader Assault, I do like the Crusader better.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How is the cover system?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't really use it a lot. There a many cover areas in each section of the map, all of which are destructable. Focused attacks (aimed headshot) ignore cover while basic attacks are expended destroying cover with a portion going to the enemy hiding behind it. Obviously, if you're a melee character, you're not going to be spending much time using it. But for the ranged characters it's helpful, especially when going up against map bosses.

I think the best use of cover is probably in multiplayer PvP, though I haven't tried it. In PvE, I just kite and or stand toe-to-toe with mobs.

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
On a related note: The Magos, “Eisenhorn trilogy, book four” is out. Just finished it and it is awesome.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
This looks great and I will have to check it out. I totally missed this game on my radar.

Thanks for sharing this Orguss!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I downloaded it from steam and I am enjoying it. It is very much like a Warhammer 40K diablo clone.

This game is a graphics hog. I have a GeoForce GTX 1080 with 8GB VRAM (DDR5). It runs smoothly on my older PC but it generates a lot of heat. I may have to increase my Fan RPMs to 90% from 80% due to a few heat crashes.

I am currently playing a Psyker and having a lot of fun. My account name is MadPollock. I hope to play online with some Sigforum buddies in the future.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Do you have an ace of diamonds and king of hearts in your avatar? If so, I added you just now.

Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
No my avatar on Steam is the big guy from team fortress. My steam account is MadPollock917. The 40K acoount name is just MadPollock. I have no idea what my 40K avatar is. I will have to check when I am at my computer at home.

Mike

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are no Steam accounts that go by MadPollock917 that I could bring up.

Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I just double checked and it is "Mad Pollock". There is a space between the two words.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike