SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix: Tiger King
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix: Tiger King Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Just read that the local cops are re-opening the investigation into cat womans husbands disappearance.
Me thinks that Netflix cast a little too much light on her.

Methinks they aren’t going to find anything new. Watching the show, it seems much more likely that the guy just disappeared to get away from her. The comment to his buddy just before about how great it would be if he pulled something unspecified off makes me think it’s the case. The guy’s ex-wife and daughter on the show talking about how they’re sure Carole was involved somehow comes across as sour grapes that they didn’t get their fair share of his estate. And the thought that she killed him and fed him to the tigers seems to be something totally made up by Joe Exotic. Joe Exotic is entertaining as hell, but he’s also deeply messed up.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Dude, you gotta past the first episode.

The beginning of the second is when shit gets CRAZY.

3rd episode is a level beyond that.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m really digging his music

It's not bad. Of course, he didn't write or sing it.

https://people.com/country/joe...-everything-to-know/

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I'm still coming to grips with the fact that I was rooting for Joe Exotic sometime after the 3rd episode. That bitch Carol Baskins is doing the EXACT same thing, but has better PR and managed to tap into the PETA crowd under the guise of being a 'rescue" operation. And what is up with her current husband? A total milquetoast of a man.

I love this song.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched it and man what a freak show. Everyone in it is some kind of misfit... Joe and Doc controlled people like they were Charlie Manson and Carol is a cold blooded bitch - who I think did kill her husband.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sorry ass SOB animal abuser and show.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And Carol Baskin talking about the best way to get a tiger to attack and eat someone...

And nobody really said anything about her comment

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That was absolutely nuts.....though I would love the opportunity to actually hang out with a tiger or bear and not be eaten.

I think the only three people I could actually stand were Reinke, the "dude" who lost an arm, and the Libertarian guy.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The only likeable character was the felon that went off and partied with strippers with the hit money.

The campaign manager is fucked up for life after watching the kid kill himself.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
I'm still coming to grips with the fact that I was rooting for Joe Exotic sometime after the 3rd episode. That bitch Carol Baskins is doing the EXACT same thing, but has better PR and managed to tap into the PETA crowd under the guise of being a 'rescue" operation. And what is up with her current husband? A total milquetoast of a man.

^^^ Yup - this!!

Doing the same thing an from what a lot of the video depicts, the cats are in cage smaller and not as nice.

Out of curiosity - did she sound like Hillary when talking about her missing husband? I was mimicking (to my wife's dismay Big Grin) the words, "you mean like a cloth or something?" every she was asked is if she made her missing husband disappear.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The real tragedy in Tiger King is that Joe’s campaign manager is now a democrat. And he showed such political promise. How do you go from libertarian to that!? Confused Frown And he accused Joe of not knowing what a libertarian is and probably still not knowing. I donno, I don’t see how you can say you like liberty and dislike government then you start supporting Dems. That doesn’t make sense.

I can’t believe Jeff Lowe got through that cluster without any charges. That can’t be the end of the story, he was clearly involved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Another episode dropped a few days ago. It's post-show interviews. Pretty good. I believe everyone interviewed who worked at Joe's "zoo" confirmed Joe was indeed an asshole both to humans and animals alike.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The real tragedy in Tiger King is that Joe’s campaign manager is now a democrat. And he showed such political promise. How do you go from libertarian to that!? Confused Frown And he accused Joe of not knowing what a libertarian is and probably still not knowing. I donno, I don’t see how you can say you like liberty and dislike government then you start supporting Dems. That doesn’t make sense.

I can’t believe Jeff Lowe got through that cluster without any charges. That can’t be the end of the story he was clearly involved.

From what I heard he is under investigation.

With all of the attention this is getting I would be worried if I was involved at all with Joe Exotic. The feds love making headlines.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Looks like they went out and bought some teeth since the series aired Wink

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:I believe everyone interviewed who worked at Joe's "zoo" confirmed Joe was indeed an asshole both to humans and animals alike.

He's a self-absorbed idiot with delusions of grandeur and self-importance. Instead of being corporate hammer or, celebrity, he's a meth-fueled, hillbilly.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
It's interesting, the young guy that killed himself with a gun without a magazine being from California. I wonder if growing up here, he was accustomed to the CA version of pistols that have magazine disconnects. I don't own one, but apparently without the magazine in the gun, you can't fire it, even with one in the chamber. I believe that's even what the kid said, that a gun without a magazine can't fire. There you go CA, your gun laws are costing lives Razz

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, one common theme from the participants, Joe Exotic does belong in jail.

That’s in the interview piece.

I see Carol Baskin as doing similar stuff, $$ for tiger pictures.

I hope they find evidence she offed her former hubby.

Speaking of gun handling, I saw lots of unsafe acts with firearms throughout the show.

That kid that shot himself reportedly didn’t plan to do it.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That part about how he separated the chimpanzees for 10 years and how they immediately hugged each other when put in general population at another zoo was tough to watch. It did make me think that the 20 something years he was sentenced to was karma (maybe out in 10 with good behavior?). Joe’s excuse that he was too busy running a zoo to have ever fixed that problem was lame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Joe Exotic lied about blowing up his beloved watch. I couldn’t help but notice his stunning white ceramic watch before it became a focal point. The white ceramic really has a presence on the wrist and pops! Being a bit of a watch enthusiast I decided to do a little digging to find out what he was wearing. I wasn’t expecting to learn of two different watches.

The watch takes on a major role in episode 4 when Joe is facing a $1 million dollar law suit from Carol Baskins which includes his gorgeous white ceramic watch as part of his assets. Joe being Joe decides to strap the watch to a tree stump with tannerite (an explosive) and detonate it with a round from his AR-15. Joe certainly has a flair for the dramatic! There are actually two watches though the real one being a roughly $1700 Le Vian Diamond White Ceramic Day/Date and then there is the watch he destroyed which was probably some kind of cheap homage that looked similar but didn’t have the chronograph pushers and clearly had a different dial design without the three subdials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Watched the interview episode last night. Listening to guy describe what he saw during the suicide was chilling and sad at the same time.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post