SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix: Tiger King
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix: Tiger King Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Watched 2 episodes with my wife. She's being tolerant, but I'm getting sucked into this freak show.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
I guess people who like this like KUWTK as well. heh

This show attracts a broader audience. KUWTK deals with inane shit from a useless family.
This show is a bit more relatable because you have likely have come across people just like the characters in this show. Probably looked at them from afar, wondering what-the-F is their deal. Saw a billboard on the road driving past or, pamphlet at the hotel Local Attractions stand 'Come see Exotic Animals'; you've definitely seen a middle-aged douche-bag, with a not-quite hot trophy in his arm, driving a look-at-me vehicle.

Well, this show has either stoked people's interest to see the freaks running these roadside zoos or, it'll be an upswell of advocacy like what happened after Blackfish. Probably both...

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
The memes that have come out of this are almost as good as the show.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
With every episode I looked at my wife and said this can't be real. Wow.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm mostly through 5 episodes and I'm having a hard time now. Just so much lunacy and ignorance and white trash. Its like a reality show that went off the rails and is completely unbelievable...except that is. Sort of.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thought this summed it up decently Big Grin

We wrapped it up earlier this week. Whole bunch of crazy in there.

Saw an article today, that Joe is now in Covid quarantine.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder what was on the footage that went up in flames in the gator shack.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Makes you wonder what was on the footage that went up in flames in the gator shack.

Yes, that producer guy knew he had a gold mine. I just can't believe he would leave the gold where he did! I would have carried those hard drives around in a bookbag 24/7. Think about how much money a reality show like this would have brought in.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Yes, that producer guy knew he had a gold mine. I just can't believe he would leave the gold where he did! I would have carried those hard drives around in a bookbag 24/7. Think about how much money a reality show like this would have brought in.

Yup. And Im not sure I understand what was being filmed concurrent to that, or why/how some of the footage of Joe with his lawyer or the other secret recordings came to light.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy who ran his campaign seemed decent. The rest, well. I especially liked when he said “ I am a libertarian so you know f the feds”

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to look up the address for Doc Antle Myrtle Beach Safari and you cant find it!!! The address is only sent to you after you purchase a ticket. Google Maps links you to some vacant land. Google search shows the address as undisclosed. The only other address that links is the exhibit at Barefoot Landing.

He must go though an awful lot of trouble eliminate the address online. Wonder why?

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn’t his place raided yet the feds as well?

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Looking at that graph, which is quite accurate actually, I have to agree that his songs really weren't that bad.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m really digging his music

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I thought this was a thread about Michael Wittman

Ich sehe was du dort gemacht hast. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I gave it a go last night. After most of the first episode I said "I'm not finding this particularly interesting." "Neither am I," she replied. So much for that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Dude, you gotta past the first episode.

The beginning of the second is when shit gets CRAZY.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My wife and I gave it a go last night. After most of the first episode I said "I'm not finding this particularly interesting." "Neither am I," she replied. So much for that.

You only saw the tip of the iceberg

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's like watching someone fire up the zippo but then turning around before they ignite the molotov cocktail and toss it in the dumpster.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post