SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I'm the punk with the stutter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm the punk with the stutter Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
We tried to speak between lines of oration
You could only repeat what we told you.
Your ass belongs to a dying nation,
They don't know that we own you.
You're watching movies trying to find the feelers,
You only see what we show you.
We're the slaves of the phony leaders
Breathe the air we have blown you.

I have to be careful not to preach
I can't pretend that I can teach,
And yet I've lived your future out
By pounding stages like a clown.
And on the dance floor broken glass,
The bloody faces slowly pass,
The broken seats in empty rows,
It all belongs to me you know.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite albums of all time!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very timely lyrics Cool

Quadrophenia is the best Who album, bar non. Their absolute peak, and Keith Moon's best performance. In my top 5 album list of all time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Great song. Saw Roger Daltrey last Friday night. Tremendous show!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Very timely lyrics Cool

Quadrophenia is the best Who album, bar non. Their absolute peak, and Keith Moon's best performance. In my top 5 album list of all time.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post