SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
ok, so did Walt make Vic do that grueling endurance test to make sure she was ready for a hookup with an old silverback? Wink

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
ok, so did Walt make Vic do that grueling endurance test to make sure she was ready for a hookup with an old silverback? Wink

In the books they have been porking since book 2 or 3

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Do yourselves a favor - don't watch the last episode. Play it in your head alone (how you think it should be).

Wife and I both thought this was just a "okay writers - you get to write whatever you want and I'll approve it" type ending.

It was a bit of a forced "lets wrap it all up" kind of ending.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Do yourselves a favor - don't watch the last episode. Play it in your head alone (how you think it should be).

Wife and I both thought this was just a "okay writers - you get to write whatever you want and I'll approve it" type ending.

I agree. It felt like they crammed 2 full episodes into 1. Outside of that, I enjoyed the season.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I did like the scene of Katee Sackhoff bouncing on the horse.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Except for Starbuck, who was unwrapped.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Finished the season last night, and yeah, it was too much of an "and they all lived happily ever after" for me.

******SPOILERS FOLLOW*******

My only real grievance was the daughter running for sheriff and everyone being cool with it. Seriously, WTF was up with that decision? They should've had her move away to persue her career. As is you'll have a person with absolutely zero policing experience running a department where she's sleeping with one deputy and another is with her dad. Can't tell me that doesn't stink of nepotism and that there won't be massive pushback from the deputies. I think even Ferg would be pissed that she'd be his boss. Really messed up with that one IMO.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to read this thread because my wife and I just started watching this series. We just finished episode 4 and have discovered that their little town must be the murder capitol of the world!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
We just finished episode 4 and have discovered that their little town must be the murder capitol of the world!

That would have to be Cabot Cove, I'd think.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
For me, I'd expressed some displeasure with Season 6 by about halfway through. In my opinion, it got better and, I admit, I liked the ending. I wish they'd had another episode or 3 to work with to wrap things up, but I still enjoyed it.

That said...I still prefer the book-version overall.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was an ok ending, my wife and I thought.

I think it made for some interesting possibilities for a follow-up movie.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this season was better than last. There were some hokey moments the end, but the bad guys got their due and the good guys survived. They threw a few romance things in for the ladies.

If only Walt and Raylan Givens could have gotten together for a shootout with the bad guys in the end....

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I'm not going to read this thread because my wife and I just started watching this series. We just finished episode 4 and have discovered that their little town must be the murder capitol of the world!

Only rivaled by Paradise, Massachusetts.

I am in the boat of not liking the ending.
Could have just ended it right before Walt and Vic got down.
Cady running for Sheriff was pretty stupid and unrealistic. As another said Mayor would have been more realistic.

And for the very final scene of Walt answering his OWN cellphone Roll Eyes

Still worth the watch for sure. Just shut it off at the Vic and Walt vodka scene.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Robert Taylor (Walt) is doing a live "chat" on social media this evening. I typed a comment to him about appreciating the character (both the original book version and the TV version) carrying a 1911. He remarked on it and how there had been some controversy over how his character carried the gun (hammer down). He said they'd tried some scenes with the hammer back but that the gun kept getting hung up on his coat LOL.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just finished, it was hard NOT to binge.
Thoroughly enjoyed the series.
The very end was a bit hokey but it did not spoil the enjoyment and appreciation of the whole series.
Well done, it was a classic. Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Finished it last night and still pissed about Lucian. Love his character in the books.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
After watching the Punisher series, moved to Longmire. Two episodes left to watch. Haven't read the thread completely as I stopped when I saw the spoiler alerts. Thanks for the warnings; appreciated!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:

******SPOILERS FOLLOW*******
As is you'll have a person with absolutely zero policing experience...

Not uncommon.

I thought the writing of the last season was grooming Ferg for the job but it didn't go that way.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Certainly not the ending I was expecting....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
It was too bad about Marilyn. Sacrifices have to be made i suppose. Tantoo Cardinal sure does get around. I thought she was great in Where The River Runs North.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post