SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I have really enjoyed Longmire, it finally pushed me over the edge to get a 1911 and a nice leather holster. Big Grin

That said, the 'climax' (no pun intended......well, okay, maybe it was) just seemed wrong.

And I agree, Vic seems more angsty and angry than violent and profane. I've never read the books, but Vic's character seems like a competent cop with a shit ton of emotional baggage that's going to blow up all over the sheriff's office. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ I hear ya on the 1911. "Longmire" was definitely an influence in my getting hold of some stag grips ha-ha!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I just have to find a Winchester pre-64, 30/30.
Thanks Walt.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Crap, now I want a 'dark' 1911 with stag grips. Big Grin

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
armored and AllenInWV, I'm with you both LOL!

Had an opportunity to snag a Winchester 30-30 recently that I managed to resist the urge for. I had NO use for it whatsoever - but - it's Walt's long gun choice, and I was severely tempted.

As for the 1911, I've been pondering a second mil-spec .45 with a fresh set of stag...it'll be a back-up for the first is what I keep telling myself LOL! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
OMG, watched the last episode, now I want a horse, glad its over so I can de-Walt!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Because power tools aren't addictive. Big Grin

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have a question, but don't want to spoil the plot for anyone else.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fire away

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
What happened to Shane Muldoon?

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Do yourselves a favor - don't watch the last episode. Play it in your head alone (how you think it should be).

Wife and I both thought this was just a "okay writers - you get to write whatever you want and I'll approve it" type ending.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
What happened to Shane Muldoon?

Shane went out west to seek his fortune, he ran across an Indian war party. Malachi, had him killed once his plans for jacob nighthorse were ready to move forward.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Do yourselves a favor - don't watch the last episode. Play it in your head alone (how you think it should be).

Wife and I both thought this was just a "okay writers - you get to write whatever you want and I'll approve it" type ending.

It was a good ending. People working together.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

Without spoiling the ending for others, I would challenge there was a better way of all people working together in the end and being tighter with each other.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Without spoiling the ending for others, I would challenge there was a better way of all people working together in the end and being tighter with each other.

Sure, they could have gone in and rented a backhoe to dig walts grave.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
***SPOILER ALERT***

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just my opinion ...

Nah - he could have been the new sheriff's mentor (still doing what they showed him doing in the end), Vic run for sheriff, and his daughter could've been shown running for mayor. (And the writer's didn't need to show the sex scene - leave that up to the viewer's to decide).

Oh and Whitehorse and the old mayor sitting in jail together.

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It seemed only natural that Vic would be the next sheriff. I like Walt's daughter but don't see her as a sheriff.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
***SPOILER ALERT***

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just my opinion ...

Nah - he could have been the new sheriff's mentor (still doing what they showed him doing in the end), Vic run for sheriff, and his daughter could've been shown running for mayor. (And the writer's didn't need to show the sex scene - leave that up to the viewer's to decide).

I get where you are coming from, life is not that clean. It is nice to have a story line reflect the vagaries of life. People dont always become their college dreams, have a carreer work out the way the dreamed, live their retirement with their sweetheart, build the lasting legacy, or be as simple a man as they might wish. What Johnson did as a writer, guide for the show was to remind the viewer that life may not work out like you wish, it how ever maybe great, glorius and fufilling. These are characters who rose to the occassion, who made good, and bad choices, who then stepped up to the good and bad consequences. They made the best of what would be in the future considered a fairytale.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
***SPOILER ALERT***

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just my opinion ...

I get where you are coming from, life is not that clean. It is nice to have a story line reflect the vagaries of life. People dont always become their college dreams, have a carreer work out the way the dreamed, live their retirement with their sweetheart, build the lasting legacy, or be as simple a man as they might wish. What Johnson did as a writer, guide for the show was to remind the viewer that life may not work out like you wish, it how ever maybe great, glorius and fufilling. These are characters who rose to the occassion, who made good, and bad choices, who then stepped up to the good and bad consequences. They made the best of what would be in the future considered a fairytale.

Considering how the series began, I can understand that point of view.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I thought that Longmire was like an extended Andy Grifith show had The Andy Grifith Show run to this date and time and changed as TV shows have changed through the years.
Good triumphs evil, honesty is the best policy.
I will miss the show.