SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
After much anticipation, it's been announced that the sixth and final season of "Longmire" will be released on Netflix on 11/17/2017. A teaser / trailer has been published on YouTube.

I've read that there may be discussions about possible movies, etc., to follow. We shall see! In the meantime, the book series that started it all will continue - the most recent title in the series, "The Western Star," certainly left the reader with quite a cliffhanger.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Thanks I've been watching for the release date.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Was beginning to think it wasn't coming out.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Just a bump / reminder, as Season 6 prepares to dawn tomorrow!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
At 0001 local I believe. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woohoo!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! I was wondering when it would be coming out.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Watching...

I'm in love with Starbuck.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic end. Walt dies, starbuck has a one nighter with ferg, cady marries jacob, herny and mathais get arrested over the hector crap and bob the drunk clown becomes sherriff

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
^^^^Not hardly.

I'm wondering if season 6 is really the end of the series? What are the chances that there will be a seventh season?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
^^^^Not hardly.

I'm wondering if season 6 is really the end of the series? What are the chances that there will be a seventh season?

It is indeed the end. Netflix has said it won't be going further.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was talk of a movie after this season. i think though that 2 reserections is enough.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I'll admit it, I don't get the fascination with Vic.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

I agree. The TV series waters down the fiery, profane, violet Victoria of the books. Please read the Craig Johnson "Longmire" books; much, much better than the TV adaptation.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507: Please read the Craig Johnson "Longmire" books; much, much better than the TV adaptation.

I concur. As much as I enjoy the TV series (though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), I've long-said that I much prefer the Longmire "universe" of the book series. Craig Johnson's first-person approach as the Sheriff in the books casts it all in a better and, often, a very humorous light.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

She's female, and I'm easy.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:

I agree. The TV series waters down the fiery, profane, violet Victoria of the books.

She comes across as more merely angst-ridden and angry at life, than anything else, in the series.

Still: One of my wife's and my favourite series. Too bad they're ending it.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
(though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), ...

We're only three episodes in, but, so far, I'm liking it better than the last season.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
(though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), ...

We're only three episodes in, but, so far, I'm liking it better than the last season.

I think it's just me; all other comments I've read on S6 have been favorable. I will see it through haha. Like you said, it's been a favorite in our home, too, and I hate to see it go.

Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Love this show, look forward to watching Season 6

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post