SIGforum
Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1560076134

October 12, 2017, 01:18 PM
TheFrontRange
Longmire - Season 6 - Netflix - Release Date Announced
After much anticipation, it's been announced that the sixth and final season of "Longmire" will be released on Netflix on 11/17/2017. A teaser / trailer has been published on YouTube.

I've read that there may be discussions about possible movies, etc., to follow. We shall see! In the meantime, the book series that started it all will continue - the most recent title in the series, "The Western Star," certainly left the reader with quite a cliffhanger.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
October 12, 2017, 06:35 PM
smschulz
Great news!

Thanks I've been watching for the release date.
October 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
tigereye313

October 15, 2017, 02:11 PM
molachi
Thanks for the info. Was beginning to think it wasn't coming out.
November 16, 2017, 12:22 PM
TheFrontRange
Just a bump / reminder, as Season 6 prepares to dawn tomorrow!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
November 16, 2017, 01:02 PM
LS1 GTO
At 0001 local I believe. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

November 16, 2017, 03:31 PM
xwesler
Woohoo!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.
November 16, 2017, 04:34 PM
JohnV
Awesome!! I was wondering when it would be coming out.

Posted from my iPhone.
November 20, 2017, 11:12 PM
Fenris
Watching...

I'm in love with Starbuck.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
November 21, 2017, 07:14 AM
DSgrouse
Fantastic end. Walt dies, starbuck has a one nighter with ferg, cady marries jacob, herny and mathais get arrested over the hector crap and bob the drunk clown becomes sherriff
November 23, 2017, 06:57 PM
SapperSteel
^^^^Not hardly.

I'm wondering if season 6 is really the end of the series? What are the chances that there will be a seventh season?

Thanks,

Sap
November 23, 2017, 08:46 PM
Chach
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
^^^^Not hardly.

I'm wondering if season 6 is really the end of the series? What are the chances that there will be a seventh season?

It is indeed the end. Netflix has said it won't be going further.

November 23, 2017, 09:11 PM
DSgrouse
There was talk of a movie after this season. i think though that 2 reserections is enough.
November 23, 2017, 10:29 PM
AUTiger89
I'll admit it, I don't get the fascination with Vic.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
November 24, 2017, 07:23 AM
cne32507
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

I agree. The TV series waters down the fiery, profane, violet Victoria of the books. Please read the Craig Johnson "Longmire" books; much, much better than the TV adaptation.
November 24, 2017, 07:46 AM
TheFrontRange
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507: Please read the Craig Johnson "Longmire" books; much, much better than the TV adaptation.

I concur. As much as I enjoy the TV series (though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), I've long-said that I much prefer the Longmire "universe" of the book series. Craig Johnson's first-person approach as the Sheriff in the books casts it all in a better and, often, a very humorous light.

November 24, 2017, 07:49 AM
Fenris
quote:

She's female, and I'm easy.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
November 24, 2017, 08:02 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:

I agree. The TV series waters down the fiery, profane, violet Victoria of the books.

She comes across as more merely angst-ridden and angry at life, than anything else, in the series.

Still: One of my wife's and my favourite series. Too bad they're ending it.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
(though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), ...

We're only three episodes in, but, so far, I'm liking it better than the last season.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
November 24, 2017, 10:10 AM
TheFrontRange
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
(though I'm about halfway through Season 6 and I'm not enjoying as much as prior seasons), ...

We're only three episodes in, but, so far, I'm liking it better than the last season.

I think it's just me; all other comments I've read on S6 have been favorable. I will see it through haha. Like you said, it's been a favorite in our home, too, and I hate to see it go.

November 24, 2017, 12:00 PM
RAEIndustries
Love this show, look forward to watching Season 6

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com