SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Largest paid attendance for a rock group
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Largest paid attendance for a rock group Login/Join 
posted
World record for largest paid attendance for a rock group? Thanks

1: U2

2: The Police

3: The Beatles

4: The Killers

5: Fleetwood Mac

6: None of the above

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
U2

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

It's Paul McCartney in Rio with 185.000 people according to Guinness.

U2 holds the record in the US with 97K at the Rose Bowl

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it counts, but Van Halen headlined one of the days at The US Festival in the 80s, drawing close to 400,000 paying customers. Judas Priest, Ozzy, and others opened.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McCartneys record was broken for a paying audience at the Rio Maracana stadium by the Norwegian group A-ha, a total of 198000 . I was quite surprised to uncover that in looking at the history of A-ha. I had thought of them as a one hit wonder group, however they have sold 100 million albums worldwide!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
McCartneys record was broken for a paying audience at the Rio Maracana stadium by the Norwegian group A-ha, a total of 198000 . I was quite surprised to uncover that in looking at the history of A-ha. I had thought of them as a one hit wonder group, however they have sold 100 million albums worldwide!

I didn't see that one coming.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
A-Ha is my 14 month old girls favorite band at the momentSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post