SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Season 3 of "Occupied" on Netflix Tomorrow!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season 3 of "Occupied" on Netflix Tomorrow! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
If you haven't seen this yet, I'd highly recommend the Norwegian series "Occupied"! Its about a "soft" invasion by the Russians, who take over the country's oil fields and the nation itself with the complicity of willing politicians. The "resistance" began during Season Two and hopefully goes into full swing in Season Three.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4192998/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Season One and Two are already available, and Season Three is available as of tomorrow on Netflix.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommend, I'll check it out!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.

VERY underrated series, and very poignant given the political winds that are currently blowing. Puts things into perspective with Europe and how the Norwegians (at least in this series) see themselves within it.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I almost forgot about that show.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I just finished the Third Series and I'll admit I was a bit disappointed. Overall, the series took a "Left" turn and although I'm not going to provide any spoilers, it's hard to believe these same characters keep making the same (rather stupid) assumptions, after being proven wrong. Only SIX episodes in this season is another reason to fuel my disappointment. Confused

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I just finished the Third Series and I'll admit I was a bit disappointed. Overall, the series took a "Left" turn and although I'm not going to provide any spoilers, it's hard to believe these same characters keep making the same (rather stupid) assumptions, after being proven wrong. Only SIX episodes in this season is another reason to fuel my disappointment. Confused

Friend of mine watched the whole series last week and we discussed it over the weekend.

6-episodes is a disappointment, considering the Norwegian government is funding a big chunk of it, as a citizen I'd be pissed. Roll Eyes Unfortunately, there will be no season-4.

Was shocked about Hans Martin but, something was up as his only role in s.3 was to support his lefty-wife, quite the change.
Where is Berg going....well, he was introduced as a enviro-lefty, hell-bent on dragging the world towards his enviro ideas. His first go around he got Norway into trouble, his second go around he gets exposed as a vindictive ass, round-3: eco-terrorist(?). Not a GoT ending but, unsatisfying

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I hadn’t been aware of this show but after your synopsis and watching a couple trailers on YouTube I will be sitting down to watch the series this week.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post