New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great race
FQ just seemed out of it today, going down twice.
Good on Mir, looked like a tight space to make that move stick.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That was a hell of a race!!! Rins said a year or so ago that one thing he would like is more competition and drive from his team mate. Hahhahahhah he got it. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Solid racing all around with some piss poor tire choices in a few garages, but isn't that always the case. Something to nitpick after all is said and done, so I'll let the riders beat themselves up over it.

Mir for 3rd was pretty spectacular to watch on that final lap Eek

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ducati’s ride height adjuster really slams the rear of the bike down for hard acceleration. I don’t think they could get that bike much lower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That does look mighty squatted.
Amazing how much control these guys have on what's effectively a 200+ HP unicycle.

Saw a couple shots of Yamaha's test exhaust. Not the prettiest thing, but hopefully it helps with their engine woes.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Jeez, that's mighty low to the ground!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They are all using "shape shifters" now. Gigi at Ducati designs something, implements it, then the other factories copy. Swingarm spoiler (visible in the picture), all the aero (Gigi driving it by putting shit on the bike within a millimeter of the rules), brake caliper covers, shape shifter. It's never ending and I don't like it. Ban all that shit and let them update their engines once per season.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have to give Ducati credit. I had my doubts about the tech ever ending up the premier motorcycle race league but I’ll damned if Ducati didn’t manage to take the “Carolina squat” slammed rear look to the big leagues. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P250UAS, yeah I saw that new Yamaha exhaust. It looks like Dr. Seuss’s ghost joined forces with factory Yamaha to design that thing. Eek Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like they raided the dryer vent section at HD.
Hopefully they get it figured out.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well shit Mir & Rins will start from 11th & 18th on the grid. I wonder how much that save took a toll on Rins shoulder? He doesn’t seem to be riding like his usual self. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
WHAT A RACE!!!!!! Holy hell Mir likes to save the best for the last few laps. Big Grin

That was AWESOME. I wasn't expecting Mir to catch up to and then quickly pass Quartararo and Espargaró.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Getting out for a ride, looking forward to watching this afternoon.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder what’s going on with Rins? That vicious high side save that he managed Saturday might have irritated his healing shoulder. He isn’t riding like his usual self. I’m loving how much Mir has stepped up this year. His ability to attack at damn near the end of the race is soooooooooooooooooooo fun to watch as a Suzuki fan! Cool

I
Am
LOVING
this
Season
!!!!!

I woke the whole damn house up cheering when Mir made his move on Quartararo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great race!
Crazy to see them dropping out throughout.

Didn't see the standings post-race, but at one point live timing showed a 3-way tie in the championship.

Glad I decided to start watching again this year.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
27 points cover the top 10 riders in the championship.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I really hope MM doesn’t return and start winning all the races again. This season has been incredible without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
2020 Motogp continues to impress with another great race! Bummed for Rossi and Bagnaia but damn the Suzuki looks incredible. If only Mir and Rins can get the qualifying issues squared away. Dovi's leathers were the real winner this weekend Big Grin

It was awesome to see an American back on the podium in WSBK with Garrett Gerloff finishing third.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
All of us on my Ducati forum are Picking Mirs for the champ.
Best rider and best bike this year.

But with MM out, it sure has been exciting!

I still like Dovi.

ANd did you see his leathers?

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Translated, I think, hence some of the awkward grammar.

VR46 team on the grid next year?