Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
LMAO

Stick, keep em coming, that is freaking hilarious.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Big Grin When MotoGP’s social media page saved that exact moment for the background of their video it was just too perfect. I had to watch the video, grab a screen shot at that same exact moment that Alex seemingly had his hands up in disgust and make a meme. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rins said Mav should start the remaining races from the pits. This was the sample pic they used. Big Grin

Link to article

Perfect meme template.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Bwaahaaahaaa

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Stick, I have really been disappointed with the riders for Ducati.

I like Iannone, and too bad what happened there, but whether it was food he ate or not, he is done.
I liked DOvi, but stick a fork in him.

So really, my season has been a root for the underdogs, Team Suzuki.

No longer underdogs but well on the chase for World Champs.

At least it has been interesting, and with MM future now in question, 2021 maybe also exciting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Win or lose. No matter what happens I am loving this season. I am 100% hooked on MotoGP. I hope I’ll see some of you in Austin next year. I’ll always root for Suzuki because that’s the team & riders who got me addicted to their beautiful sport. I’m sad to see the situation with Dovi transpire I feel like Ducati would rather move on than work with, listen to and trust the tremendous talent already on their team.

Fingers crossed one of the boys in blue from Hamamatsu can win it all. I’m actually pulling for Rins to win the championship. Though with that said I would love to see Mir win a championship too. When Rins beat MM on his GSX-RR at Silverstone I realized there was something special about him. Rins has a super relaxed riding style that is unique, reckless at times and fearless. This combination allowed him to throw down with Mark Marquez and beat him on an inferior bike. He also fought with and beat Rossi at COTA.

The GSX-RR is a vastly improved weapon this year. It’s FN lethal and I don’t think that Mir or Rins confidence could be any higher.

Here we go guys. It’s a race weekend! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yep, I picked the right season to start watching again.

May try to swing both MotoGP & F1 at COTA next year.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh
My
God

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
*** spoilers****

****spoilers*****

What a race! Jack Miller saved the BEST for last. That last lap battle was incredible! I had family visiting and I was screaming “CMON DUCATI GO JACK!!!” And they were like “I thought you were a Suzuki fan”. There was much celebration today.

Joan Mir! You have solidified your place in MotoGP history! Well done lad! I felt bad for Rins when they cut to his paddock and he had his head down. If he didn’t have that fractured shoulder and unfortunate crashes while battling at the front that could easily have been him winning the championship and he knows it. But this is not a time to be sad or focus on stuff that. This is a time for celebration. It is just amazing that Suzuki did this on their 100th anniversary and THE year they decided to roll out the colors of their 1st ever GP Championship winning bike. A story book ending. I can’t believe it! It’s been a tough road fought for Suzuki over the past years and I am thrilled at how far they have come and what they accomplished this year!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
During a year where the V4 machines seemed to struggle and Marquez was totally out of the picture all it took was consistency or the underdog team from Hamamatsu to win it all. Mir’s chances didn’t look good 4 races in, at that point he had two DNFs and a 5th place best finish. Then in Austria everything changed. Mir went on to get 7 podium finishes in the next 10 races.

Let’s go back and look at how Mir did it.

VALENCIAN GP #7
SPANISH GP DNF
ANDALUSIA GRAND PRIX #5
CZECH REPUBLIC GP DNF
AUSTRIAN GP #2
STYRIA GRAND PRIX #4
SAN MARINO AND RIMINI'S COAST GP #3
EMILIA ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX #2
CATALAN GP #2
FRENCH GP #11
ARAGON GP #3
TERUEL GP #3
GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE #1
VALENCIAN GP #7

Who do you think will get the #2 spot this year?
Franco?
Rins?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a finish, really thought Miller would get it.
All down to Rins next week, just needs to outplace FM.

Crazy that it nearly came down to Mir winning the championship without a win.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
It has been quite a year, and the race was outstanding.

Stick I WILL be at COTA when it happens next on my Ducati.

SEE YOU THERE!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes sir! It would be a pleasure.

I have some family friends in that area and we are all planning on meeting there next year. This covid crap better be gone by then. I don’t know if COTA survives another year like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My wife wasn’t excited about going to a MotoGP race but her attitude changed when I told her the track is close to Austin and she would love the food and restaurant scene there. She is actually excited about the trip now. I just need covid to go the f&$k away and not get COTA canceled again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’ve been so many times over the past 20 years. Rule #1, earplugs. She’ll need them. When I have taken ladies they bitch incessantly until we can go buy her some.

Portimao is got damn fantastic. Up and down, up and down, and the bends. We need to race here every year. Watching FP1 now. Think it’s an 1:15 session instead of :45.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki and Monster energy drinks signed a multi year deal. Monster was already sponsoring Mir and Rins and will now become a major sponsor for team Suzuki Ecstar! I suppose this is good news for Suzuki as they wanted to attract sponsors to help offset the cost of GP racing. I can’t help but wonder what the GSX-RR will look like going forward? The Suzuki was in my opinion the best looking bike on the grid. The Monster Yamaha’s last year looked pretty awful.

Link to article.

While this is great for Suzuki I hope it doesn’t ruin one of the best liveries on the grid. I think it’s going to be damn hard for them to improve upon the looks of the 2020 GSX-RR.

Hopefully they can do better than this in 2021.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, did Monster drop Yamaha, or just add Suzuki?

Monster, Eneos, Petronas are all Mercedes F1 sponsors, so it made sense to see them all on the same constructor here, though split between the 2 teams.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I believe their agreement runs through 2022. I’m just hoping Monster doesn’t ruin one of MotoGPs best looking bikes. I don’t see how it can look better with a huge ugly green M on it. I’d rather see a tobacco, alcohol or marijuana company step up to the plate and sponsor them. Big Grin

Monster is just nasty. But it’s good they got a big time sponsorship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I believe their agreement runs through 2022. I’m just hoping Monster doesn’t ruin one of MotoGPs best looking bikes. I don’t see how it can look better with a huge ugly green M on it. I’d rather see a tobacco, alcohol or marijuana company step up to the plate and sponsor them. Big Grin

Monster is just nasty. But it’s good they got a big time sponsorship.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Fuels my suspicions on a 2nd Suzuki team in ‘22. Think about the draw for Rossi to bring Marini and Bastianini over. VR46 Suzuki’s with Monster backing Big Grin

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post