Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
First day of practice is done. FP2 was rain affected and only 3 riders went out. So it was worthless. FP1, KTM and Ducati. Mainly Pol and Dovi. Per usual, Ducati is fast here. Taka was quick on the Honda as well. We only have one practice to go by. So day 1 the podium contenders are Pol, Dovi, Taka, and Mir. Yamaha is not there yet. And Binder at Brno was no where on Friday, his team made changes and he was fast as fuck on Saturday. Let's see what tomorrow brings. If we have rain interruptions again tomorrow, Sunday is a dice roll but I'd bet on the highest HP bikes, Ducati, KTM, and Honda. Since Marc is out HRC is putting all their resources and technical help in Taka's garage. The head HRC Technical employee was in Taka's garage all day.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
And Yamaha has had to back down the revs of their engines due to the engine issue they have. They'll need unanimous permission from all MSMA members to unseal the engines and replace the bad parts.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rumors are Dovi is out at Ducati next year. Eek Looks like Ducati is hell bent on letting other manufacturers battle it out for the championship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn. It looks like Ducati is hell bent on making sure their run of mediocrity continues into 2021. Frown

Fucking stupid management

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Damn. It looks like Ducati is hell bent on making sure their run of mediocrity continues into 2021. Frown

Fucking stupid management

Dovi out. Yesterday's tweet from Tardozzi must have been the final straw.

https://www.motorsport.com/mot...battistella/4856879/

He still wants to race in 2021 but what seats are available other than Aprilia? Maybe Tech3 and send Ikor to Moto2?

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hate that covid delayed Suzuki’s attempt to build a satellite team. Dovi is awesome. I’d love to see him on a Suzuki kicking Ducati’s dumb ass. Suzuki prob wouldn’t want to pay the $$$ he would want but dammit I’d love to see him on a GSX-RR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:

Dovi out. Yesterday's tweet from Tardozzi must have been the final straw.

https://www.motorsport.com/mot...battistella/4856879/

He still wants to race in 2021 but what seats are available other than Aprilia? Maybe Tech3 and send Ikor to Moto2?

Ducati and their fucking management strikes again. Stoner, Rossi, Crutchlow, Lorenzo, now Dovizioso. Morons. Tardozzi should have stfu, and needs to get out of the garage. Gigi needs to be there, he doesn’t. But I agree with you, I think those words were the straws that broke the camel’s back. Andrea is a damn good guy and they shouldn’t have treated him this way. It’s not about the money, it’s about respect. As they said today, Andrea is not looking to buy a million dollar lake front property, and live the big celebrity life like a F1 driver. His off time, they are renting a truck in America, doing MX with his close friends, and eating off paper plates. He’s worked his ass off for this company and they want him to take a 75% pay cut. F them. That’s a hard sell when they had Lorenzo come into the team, pay him a ridiculous amount of money, way more than he has ever made, by millions of Euros. Should tell you something when Danilo signed for the KTM satellite team. Andrea said, or his manager said really, that they have nothing lined up. Andrea was just tired of the bs with this, at every interview getting questioned about it, constant bs and he just wants to focus on racing. So yeah those words did them in. Andrea has just had enough. Ducati played hard ball and lost. They look like idiots now. Dipshits.

I don’t know where Andrea goes. If KTM was smart they’d do what you outlined above, and give Andrea a factory bike. Andrea once raced for Tech 3 so he knows that team well, and there may be something to that, that Dovi’s manager isn’t letting on. Some have speculated that he’ll take 2021 off from MotoGP and race MX here in the States. Then some more GP seats open up for 2022. Damn travesty all the around and I root for Ducati’s failure now. They treated Vale like shit too. What’s funny is on race pace, Dovi could win tomorrow. Looks like Pol, Dovi, Vale, and the Suzukis have the race pace. I know Andrea will push for the win to rub Ducati’s nose in shit. Like them giving up on Lorenzo too early I hope they pay dearly for this.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh my God. That crash was horrific.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh man what a race!!!! Gutted to see Rins get into 1st and immediately put it in the litter but hell yeah Mir! What a performance he put in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki fans watching Mir pass Miller on the final lap. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Eek
That was insane. Rossi's a lucky guy.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So is Maverick. That Ducati went right over him and you can see him let go of his Yamaha and duck for cover. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
So is Maverick. That Ducati went right over him and you can see him let go of his Yamaha and duck for cover. Eek

I'll have to watch again. Definitely happened so quickly.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Eek
That was insane. Rossi's a lucky guy.

Rossi has steel in his veins. To mount back up for race 2, and stick it in there in 5th, in the worst track for his bike, one of the best rides of his career. I haven’t watched his media debrief yet, but he had to be horrified, and 10/23/2011 had to pop right back in his mind. RIP Marco. Rossi is slowly gaining momentum, each race, new crew chief, new rear tire, and finally getting his way and setting the bike up for his riding style. Valentino, one or two milliseconds front or rear, another meter, and that flying bike could have hit him in the head and killed him. He escaped death today by the narrowest margins. maverick was obviously rattled. Fabio, inconsistent.

Rins, WTF? The bike let you know, same corner, previous lap, to chill out there. What does he do next lap? Attempts a bone head pass in the same exact spot where the front let go a lap ago. Dumb. Settle down, get on the podium. And insult to literal injury, you are nursing an injury you’re going to have all season until you can get surgery in the winter, and you’re risking that to boot.

Mir, outstanding. Alex needs to learn from his team mate.

Pol, great job HRC getting him. He’s a hot head, continually makes mistakes, and made the exact same mistake 2 races in a row, literally the same exact mistake. Run way wide, immediately try to put it back on the line and bam you’re down, out of the point. 2 riders almost got killed, watching him in the garage after the incident all heated, acting like a child, geez. HRC you sure know how to pick them. He’s 29, and while has shown some occasional brilliance, he just doesn’t have the consistency or the mentality. Calm the F down or keep putting it in the litter.

Brad, solid ride, phenomenal. Will be a factor in the championship. He’s a rookie, making rookie mistakes, but it’s how fast he learns. KTM have really scored the rider for them. He’s going to threaten Marc when everyone is healthy.

Dovi, way to shove it up Ducati’s ass. Outstanding finger gestures in parc ferme. So nice to hear the Italian national anthem again, finally. Ducati fucked you over, you answered, and answered big. Amazing to see the subdued race celebrations in the Ducati garage. How do you fuck this up, and let this guy go? Idiots. Dovi has shown nothing but class, and that cerebral rider he is, being calm, managing the race, managing the tires, not getting ruffled, top step.

That was about 6-8 races in one today. Geez.

Edit: Zarco. You almost killed 2 riders today. You have a history of racing incidents. You gave Franco no room to brake. Stop riding like this or you’re going to kill somebody.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rins wanted to win. The main advantage the GSX-RR has is corner speed. Yeah he could have been more cautious in turn 6 after what happened on the previous lap but turn 6 & 7 are where the Suzuki’s are fastest against the competition so he rolled the dice. How many times did he and Mir pass a Ducati on the corners only to get blown away on the straights? Hindsight is always 20-20. Sure he could have laid back and fought for a podium but he wanted to win and I respect that. When Davide Brivio asked him what his first win felt like Rins immediately started talking about the tires and how he could barely control the bike until Davide cut him off and said “yeah but when it ends like this it’s ok”. Cool I love that level of dedication and focus.

Suzuki doesn’t want to be 2nd or 3rd in points this year they want a championship. A chance like this is not going to come around again. It sucks but that’s racing. Those Ducati’s are fast as hell at Spielberg the only way Suzuki had a chance was to go hard as hell in the corners.

Considering how he was riding at the beginning of the race I’m just glad to see him battle it out with Dovi and get that boost of confidence knowing he and his GSX-RR are capable of beating the Italian machines in the corners and that they can hang with them on a track like this. Unfortunately it’s easier to crash going hard in the corners than on the straights where the Ducati’s are so fast. (Unless you get hit by Zarco of course)

I can’t wait until the next race!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
A chance like this happens every single race, for everyone.

He is following Marc’s lead and if he bins it again and injures himself even more, he’ll be done for the year.

In MotoGP you need to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. You don’t take chances like that because stupid games = stupid prizes, and you end up with zero points. You cannot win a championship getting zero. Ask Pol, Alex, Zarco, and Franco about that. Look at Binder, 4th. Bad weekend, you make the best of it. Same for Rossi, bagged 5th. Both got points and the championship is possible. Rins is in 12th with 19 points. Sometimes you just have to take the podium. He should have known on the previous lap when he lost the front.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like FMs Yamaha's tail missed Rossi's nose by millimeters.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Rossi after the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ibrg_Kofo

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post