Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’m seeing lots of people saying COTA has been pushed to November but can’t find an official statement from MotoGP yet. Mad Mad

Italy locking down certainly didn’t help. This sucks

That would put it right after F1, so I'd guess a lot of the facilities would still be prepped, as far as bleachers & such.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki’s factory team & MotoGP both just posted that COTA is postponed. Not much of a surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So now (until they postpone it too) Argentina will be the GP class season opener.

Any bets on whether it’ll be postponed too?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
So now (until they postpone it too) Argentina will be the GP class season opener.

This season is shot.
Man, I had friends lined up, a Ducati dealership at my disposal, and girls in bikinis.

Damn it.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Argentina just got its first case. I wouldn’t be surprised if round one is Jerez.

COTA being pushed to November is so much better for us that go. No hail risk in November. I did a Riders For Health track day, the day before the GP weekend started a few years ago. Was a great day. I came off the last turn and stopped in front of the Yamaha garage. I put the crossplane in neutral and revved it. All the Yamaha factory mechanics broke their neck wondering WTF. I let everyone go so I could be last back into the pit. The sight was priceless. Once they walked a little closer they started laughing “R1”. Got the thumbs up then did my cool down lap.

I stayed the weekend to watch all FP/QP, and Race, on the way back it hailed golf balls. I had rented a U-Haul van and put my chock in it. Signed for the optional insurance. That hail, thunderstorm, flooding, and severe weather risk is always there in April. In November it will be epic. Hopefully the penultimate race means some kind of championships positions are decided. Being so early in the season nothing means much of anything. It’ll count hard in November.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Motul Argentinian Grand Prix rescheduled for November

and just like that, the season gets even more fucked.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
And just like that a new king is crowned. Move over Márquez there is a new champion.

And in his rookie season!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Motul Argentinian Grand Prix rescheduled for November

and just like that, the season gets even more fucked.

The NBA just canceled their season.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What MotoGP related documentaries do you guys recommend?

I’ve been enjoying the hell out of The Unrideables lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
What MotoGP related documentaries do you guys recommend?

I’ve been enjoying the hell out of The Unrideables lately.

Faster
Fastest
Hitting the Apex
The Doctor, the Tornado and the Kentucky Kid
Legacy: A Personal History of Barry Sheene
Why We Ride
Charge (E-Bike stuff)
Long Way Round (Adventure documentary with Ewan McGregor)
Road (Isle of Mann TT stuff)
TT3D: Closer to the Edge more TT stuff

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Isle of Man TT just got canceled. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

That fucking race wasn’t even until the very end of May!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Isle of Man TT just got canceled. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Pretty sure the world is cancelled for now Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
All Motogp online content available for free....

https://www.motogp.com/en/news...tent-for-free/328457

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks mutedblade, that is a good video! I've been wondering about the Doctor Dangle

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome there RichardC. I remember we had some discussion on it last season. Saw the video this morning and figured I'd bring it back up, especially since there isn't much to discuss at the moment.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Virtual Moto GP.
My son sent me this link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpAWzgP3LoA

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sylvain Guintoli’s channel is awesome. Did you see his video on the new GSX-R1000 vs the MotoGP bike track record at Donington park?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My brother sings opera (seriously) and a few years ago took up painting as a hobby. To my surprise he is actually quite good at drawing and painting. Being a singer is a damn hard occupation even during the best of times. I mentioned to him that if he could paint something like this I would commission two pieces and make it worth his while. To my surprise he enthusiastically said yes.
I found the first pic online and sent it to him as an idea of what to go for. Not necessarily exactly like this but it’s a starting point.

These are the two pics I’m considering having him try to paint.

Big Grin I loved this moment so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~