Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You knew he would man. Come on dude. Vale still has a season or three left in him. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Day 1 in the books, watched both practice sessions. Vinales looks good, then Fabio and Marc, Miller, Rins, and Dovi. That's the top 6 if you look at pace.

Brad Binder looked great on his first day as did Iker.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Looks like Rins is out for this race. Sorry Stick, I know you were pulling for him. Not sure if there’s gonna be a replacement rider.

Edited to correct who I was talking to. I was out in the heat when I posted and got my peeps mixed up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Looks like Rins is out for this race. Sorry skins, I know you were pulling for him. Not sure if there’s gonna be a replacement rider.

To bad for Rins.Hope he heals quick!No fans,no horns and no yellow smoke for Rossi!!Come on Rossi, give me at least one win this year.

Posts: 91 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KTMADV:
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Looks like Rins is out for this race. Sorry skins, I know you were pulling for him. Not sure if there’s gonna be a replacement rider.

To bad for Rins.Hope he heals quick!No fans,no horns and no yellow smoke for Rossi!!Come on Rossi, give me at least one win this year.

Same problem as last year. The rear degrading late in the race. And his team do not have the front end solved so he can brake how he wants (hard). He talked about the Michelins still not being hard enough for him. He has always preferred bricks for tires, hard. The Michelins are too soft both in the construction and the compound for him. But he owned it today and said it’s his problem to solve and not Michelin’s problems because the other riders are fast on them.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sucks to see Rins get hurt now. Frown

It looked like a brutal crash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mir went down in the race so no Suzuki’s finished the race.

Marc did himself in today. Reminds me of Argentina where he made mistake after mistake. He had a podium in the bag but pushed too hard, unforced error. He’s already been through extensive surgeries on both shoulders and now he’ll have surgery Tuesday on the arm. I wouldn’t bet against him racing next weekend but today was 100% on him.

Congrats to Fabio. Looking like him and Mav will battle for the shortened season championship.

Rossi, damn shame. Bike fault causing a stop but he was not a threat, was slow AF, and that team and him are in deep shit with the rear tire lasting and braking.

Look at Dovi, who Ducati is f’ing with on his new contract by trying to get it to 1/3 of current pay. He’s methodical, a master of managing tires, and he’s on the podium, first Ducati. Claudio and Gigi maybe need to have a real fucking talk and pay the man his money and give him his new contract with proper pay. Jerez is not a Ducati track by a long shot and Dovi has the ride of the day. Wait until we get to the Ducati tracks and he’ll win races and challenge for the title this year.

Everything hinges on Marc now, his surgery. If he has to miss next weekend (I doubt that), we’ll have a new championship winner this year. Stupid, dumb ass mistake by him today.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking watching Marc.
Dovi came back, and nice to see him on the podium even with a broken collarbone.

Ducati 3-4. I will take.

This season is up in the air now.....

Damn, Stick, Rins had a hard one there.
Any news on his condition?

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
First MotoGP race I've seen in almost 15 years.

Definitely kept my attention, MM had a tough race & that was a painful looking high-side.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'm sure MM93 is kicking himself in the ass for how he rode all weekend. Looks like he may need to turn his traction controls up just a bit if he wants to keep the highsides down. It looked quite painful to hit the asphalt like he did and then have the bike beat his ass on top of that. Maybe he's gonna finally realize that he's human after all and it's a bitch when you're no longer rubber. A very good race for FQ20. Looked as if he was setting himself up to stay behind MM93 but after the gravel trap ride through, he said fuck it, I'll just win now. Ol' Mav is gonna have his hands full with El Diablo this season. This years rookies are looking pretty solid. Hope to see some great racing before the season is done.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is pretty cool! Hopefully he doesn’t get punted any time soon.

I’m hearing rumors that Marquez is going to be racing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This is pretty cool! Hopefully he doesn’t get punted any time soon.

I’m hearing rumors that Marquez is going to be racing.

Great that Rins is back!
But I hope MM does not push it.....he needs to heal!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
This is unbelievable: https://www.motogp.com/en/in%2...a-possibility/334609
MM may try to ride this weekend after breaking his arm.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NapoleonSolo:

Not really.

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Everything hinges on Marc now, his surgery. If he has to miss next weekend (I doubt that)

Jorge broke his collarbone at Assen on Friday, then raced on Sunday. Valentino broke the tib/fib and came back and raced 5 weeks later and he was on crutches so he couldn't even walk. This sport has a long history of this. I was going to be very surprised if Marc didn't race.
Rins, Crutchlow, and Marquez were all said to not race this weekend by some. I laughed and said, nah, 2 of them, are all of them will likely be back on the bikes. GP riders are a breed like no other. Major American sport athletes would be sitting it out for months in these cases.

Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
Yes you are correct. Tough SOB's they are.In 1995 I was racing motocross and it was the last race of the summer series. I was leading and all i had to do was finish. In the first moto I over jumped a double by a ton and landed on the next jump and went from wide open in 4th to a stop. Didn't know it but I broke my right ankle and tore the ligaments in it and tore ligaments in the left ankle. Finished third and then raced the second moto and ran 4th until the back brake clevis pin fell out. Won the series, packed up and unloaded all the stuff after driving home. Next morning I could not stand up. Went to the hospital and had a hard cast on the right and soft on the left. Dr said he has never seen someone so lucky to break the ankle like that and not need surgery. Yeah I left out the part where i crawled to the bathroom the morning after breaking it. Lots of advil and adrenaline is a great thing lol.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Marquez has withdrawn from the race tomorrow. Eek

Yamaha & Ducati’s chances of winning a title are looking better. I won’t even kid myself and think Suzuki has a snowballs chance in hell at a title this year now that Rins is injured.

Not looking good for the boys in blue from Hamamatsu. 10th & 20th on the grid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Are practice & quali not broadcast on TV?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NapoleonSolo:

Not really.

quote:
Everything hinges on Marc now, his surgery. If he has to miss next weekend (I doubt that)

Jorge broke his collarbone at Assen on Friday, then raced on Sunday. Valentino broke the tib/fib and came back and raced 5 weeks later and he was on crutches so he couldn't even walk. This sport has a long history of this. I was going to be very surprised if Marc didn't race.
Rins, Crutchlow, and Marquez were all said to not race this weekend by some. I laughed and said, nah, 2 of them, are all of them will likely be back on the bikes. GP riders are a breed like no other. Major American sport athletes would be sitting it out for months in these cases.

Yep, American sport athletes sitting it out. Rossi starting 4th! Let's go!!

Posts: 91 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Are practice & quali not broadcast on TV?

I think that BeIN had them previously but I can tell you they won't be on regular network tv. Best way to watch is the Moto GP Videopass @ $160ish a year. All races, practices, and qualifying along with previous races too.

The race tomorrow should be rather exciting. Glad to see a 2 rookies in the top 5 spots on the grid. Time wise, Binder didn't qualify that far back, so good on him too. I'm going to say that FQ20 beats out both factory Yammies for 1st again. Mav will take 2nd with (hopefully) Rossi going 3rd barring some kind of boom boom to the engine like last weekend. The hitch in all of this is whether or not Dovi wants to show his skill at pulling down a podium at will, yet again. I am pretty sure he was sandbagging last weekend, not much incentive to ride at the limit if he knows there's no ride next year.