posted Hide Post
https://sports.yahoo.com/yamah...2BEIP1I88ukq1bHoTtd0

TL;DR

Yamaha docked 50 constructor points Spain
20 team points from Yamaha
37 removed from SRT

Riders lose no points

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That can’t be it. I wonder if more penalties are coming or if Dorna is going give Yamaha’s riders a pass for the sake of keeping it a close as hell championship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a mess. This puts the organizers in a lose, lose situation no matter what they do.

They follow the rules and it obviously will have an impact as Yamaha riders are sitting 2nd, 3rd & 4th in points currently. They don’t do anything and it sets a HORRIBLE example of how rules don’t matter in some cases.

If Yamaha wins the championship it tarnishes their success. I’m seeing anger even from Yamaha fans online.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You guys see the crash in Moto3 today? Holy shit! That was horrific! How did he walk away from that!?!?!!

These guys are a rare breed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mir is in good shape for the race in a few hours. People in front of him on the grid are way down in points. Fabio and Maverick have little feel or grip and are in the rear with the gear. This race could decide the championship. Mir needs to keep it upright.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I will never forget this race for the rest of my life. Suzuki pulled off something they have NOT DONE IN MY LIFETIME!

Thank you Rins for leaving the door open and falling back whether intentional or not (prob not intentional).

WHAT
A
RACE
!!!!!!!

The final moments of the 2006 AFC Championship just got knocked into second place as my all time most memorable sports moment. The boys in blue from Hamamatsu were spectacular today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mad

Not seeing anything scheduled on my DVR until next weekend.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Mad

Not seeing anything scheduled on my DVR until next weekend.

Found it in the nick of time, under Motocross GP...Recording now.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
9 different winners this season & currently a Suzuki 1-3 in the championship.

Think I heard the commentary saying that this season ties with '16 for the most different winners in a single season. With 2 races to go, pretty good chance of that record being broken.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I will never forget this race for the rest of my life. Suzuki pulled off something they have NOT DONE IN MY LIFETIME!

Thank you Rins for leaving the door open and falling back whether intentional or not (prob not intentional).

WHAT
A
RACE
!!!!!!!

The final moments of the 2006 AFC Championship just got knocked into second place as my all time most memorable sports moment. The boys in blue from Hamamatsu were spectacular today!

I am soooo happy for M1R and Suzuki! Glad that he was able to get his first win out of the way. As calm and cool as Mir is, hopefully he can just worry about finishing strong and getting the points the next two races. He can even possibly clinch in Valencia 2. Can't wait to see Suzuki and Mir win the championship!

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

WHAT
A
RACE
!!!!!!!

I am soooo happy for M1R and Suzuki! Glad that he was able to get his first win out of the way. As calm and cool as Mir is, hopefully he can just worry about finishing strong and getting the points the next two races. He can even possibly clinch in Valencia 2. Can't wait to see Suzuki and Mir win the championship!

And, a good result from Rins will drop FQ o 3rd & give Suzuki a 1/2 in the championship.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...gain-yamaha/4907810/

quote:

Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19 again just a week after testing negative following a two-round layoff with the virus last month.

Rossi was forced to miss the Aragon double-header in October when he caught the virus between the French and Aragon Grands Prix.

The Yamaha rider tested positive for the virus last Tuesday at home, but another test on the Thursday cleared him to head to Valencia where he underwent another PCR test.

Passing this on the Friday of the European GP, Rossi was able to take part from Saturday onwards, having been replaced by American World Superbike rider Garrett Gerloff for the first two practice sessions.

Rossi’s race ended after only five laps due to a mechanical issue, meaning he hasn’t seen a chequered flag since the Emilia Romagna GP.

And his participation in this weekend’s Valencia GP is now in doubt after testing positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, Motorsport.com has learned.

Rossi will need to undergo another test to determine wither he will miss this weekend's race.

With the final round of the 2020 season coming up in just over a week’s time in Portugal, Rossi could well miss his final race as a factory Yamaha team rider.

Rossi’s latest positive tests raises questions about the PCR tests he passed last week, particularly on Friday before being allowed to enter the Ricardo Tormo Circuit, and whether he was still positive without knowing it or has been reinfected since Saturday.

While scientists are still discovering how the virus works, cases of reinfection have been reported throughout the world in recent months.

Five members of Yamaha have been forced into quarantine since last weekend when one of Maverick Vinales’ crew tested positive for COVID-19.

This follows on from six Yamaha team members being forced to isolate ahead of the French GP when one member tested positive for the virus.

Yamaha named Gerloff as Rossi's his official standby replacement for the European GP, and the American will remain ready to take over should Rossi test positive once more.

However, if Rossi has tested positive a second time, then more members of Yamaha may be forced into isolation, depleting its track numbers further.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
VALENTINO ROSSI‘S PARTICIPATION CONFIRMED FOR THE VALENCIA GP

Valencia (Spain), 12th November 2020

Today, Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP‘s Valentino Rossi received confirmation that he will be able to take part in this weekend‘s Gran Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana. Following a marginally positive PCR test on Tuesday 10th November, the Italian had two further PCR tests done (on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th November), both of which came back negative for the Covid-19 virus.

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. and Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP are delighted to confirm that Valentino Rossi will be able to take part in this weekend‘s Gran Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana.

Following a weakly positive PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test result received on Tuesday 10th November, Valentino Rossi had to have two further PCR tests done (on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th November), as per FIM regulations, in order to be allowed to take part in the upcoming Valencia GP. Both follow-up tests came back negative for the Covid-19 virus, confirming Rossi‘s attendance for this race weekend.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

On Tuesday 10th November, Rossi underwent the usual PCR test, which is compulsory for those who visit their homes in between races. The result of this first test became available the next day and it was reported as “positive with very low viral load”. The doctors recommended Rossi to take two more tests, separated by 24 hours.
On Wednesday 11th November, Rossi took a second PCR test, of which the result came back negative this morning (Thursday 12th November).
This morning (Thursday 12th November), Rossi took a third PCR test at home and then travelled to Valencia, Spain, where he self-isolated while waiting for the result. It was again negative, allowing Rossi to reunite with the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team and take part in this weekend‘s Gran Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It seems rumors are swirling that Sky Racing VR46 have signed a pre-contract agreement with Suzuki to run GSX-RR MotoGP machines in a satellite squad in 2022. Eek

It would be cool if it actually happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That would be some spectacular news stickman.

Those damn PCR tests are waaaayyy too sensitive (and I suspect rather faulty to begin with).

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
Are there any American riders in the pipeline for a GP seat?. Sure would be nice to root for one.

Posts: 456 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:
Are there any American riders in the pipeline for a GP seat?. Sure would be nice to root for one.

From the above, Gerloff (WSBK) is/was the alternate for Rossi.
He's from TX, too. Cool

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
hooch, YES! Joe Roberts is in moto2 and fighting pretty well right now. We will have another American join him next year, Five-time MotoAmerica Superbike Champion Cameron Beaubier will replace Joe Roberts in the Tennor American Racing team. Joe Roberts is set to join the Italtrans Racing Team for an assault on the 2021 Moto2 World Championship.

Joe’s bike is one of the best looking machines on the grid! Lots and lots of red white & blue!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
Well how cool is that!!
thanks for the info.

Posts: 456 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What do you do when one of the most successful and winningest race teams in Motorsport history has a horrific year? You troll the everlasting F out of their fans who have become quite accustomed to winning. Big Grin

Hell, it might be another 20 years or more before Suzuki has another season like this in MotoGP so I’m going to enjoy it to the absolute fullest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~