Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
If Yamaha can work out their engine woes 9ver the break, they could come back strong.
Suzuki will be coming in on a high & could be really strong if they get some extra straight line speed.

The problem is engines are frozen for 2020 and 2021. The MSMA stupidly made that decision early on, so each mfr. is stuck with the exact same engine for 2021 as they had for 2020. The only thing any of them can do is change the chassis, rake and trail, and code their asses off with 0’s and 1’s.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ah, wasn't aware of that.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVF400:
Next year I need to subscribe so I can
watch the Moto 3 racing. I really missed
seeing it this year.

Moto3 is great but I am really excited for Moto2 and watching Joe Roberts on this years winning bike and seeing what Cameron Beaubier can do. USA!

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the season is over. TUBI has a bunch of motorcycle shows that you can stream for free.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sky/VR46 making the premiere class jump for 21. On Ducati.
From the GP app, so no link.

Edit:
https://www.motogp.com/en/news...2021-liveries/359923

quote:

SKY Racing Team VR46 has unveiled their liveries for the 2021 season, including the first-ever VR46 sponsored MotoGP™ machine. Luca Marini, Marco Bezzecchi and Celestino Vietti were all present for the launch from the VR46 Riders Academy headquarters in Tavullia, with it broadcast live on Sky Uno in Italy ahead of the X Factor final.

The new MotoGP™ and Moto2™ liveries for the 2021 season, put together by the VR46 creative department, have the same look for both classes: a touch of satin grey becomes shiny black, with a play of contrasts introduced by the chrome blue, which redesigns the graphics of the two teams in a more racing way.

A blockbuster 2020 saw the Italian outfit secure the Moto2™ Team World title, second in the Moto2™ World Championship thanks to Luca Marini's efforts, plus 17 podiums and 7 victories across the lightweight and intermediate classes. Born in 2014 when VR46 and Sky came together to support the growth of Italian talent throughout MotoGP™, they will make their first leap into the premier class in 2021 with Luca Marini after an agreement was reached between SKY Racing Team VR46, Esponsorma Racing and Ducati.

Meanwhile, Marco Bezzecchi will remain in Moto2™ and look to clinch the squad's second intermediate class crown following Francesco Bagnaia's success in 2018. The curly-haired Italian will be joined there by Celestino Vietti, who makes the jump up from the Moto3™ class after two successful seasons.

In both classes, the SKY Racing Team VR46 will be able to count on the commitment and trust of partners who have embraced the team's philosophy over the past few years. WITH U, Monster Energy and Bardahl will continue to be the main partners of the project. Fassi is also confirmed together with Dainese and AGV, alongside the team since its birth.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.crash.net/motogp/n...t-motogp-future-2022

quote:

Stalwart Italian outfit Gresini Racing will revert to independent status from the 2022 MotoGP World Championship season after agreeing a new five-year deal with IRTA to stay in the series.

One of MotoGP's longest-serving outfits with its roots traced back to 1997, Gresini Racing has in that time established its status as one of the series' foremost satellite teams from the latter years of 500GP to the start of the MotoGP era.

Running Honda machinery from its inaugural year in the premier class, Gresini Racing was in 2015 upgraded to de facto works status courtesy of Aprilia after being chosen as the foundation for the Italian marque's renewed factory MotoGP effort.

After seven seasons though, Aprilia will use the next cycle of team contracts to take its entries in-house at Noale from 2022, with Gresini Racing regaining independent status as a result.

“We’re happy to announce this agreement with IRTA, which will see us in MotoGP for five years starting from 2022. We will not be representing Aprilia as a factory team anymore, so we will continue as an Independent Team, doing so with as much will and commitment. There’s a lot of work to do and many things to define and communicate. Obviously we’re already working on this huge project, and we will reveal the details little by little. Stay tuned!”

Gresini is expected to remain within the Aprilia fold from 2022 as the manufacturer's satellite concern, which in turn increases the MotoGP field to a provisional 24 bikes and, for the first time, four Aprilia entries.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, is Aprilia required to run a factory team, to be able to have a satellite team?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki team manager Davide Brivio has left Suzuki. Apparently he left to pursue something with F1. Realistically the chances of Suzuki winning back to back championships is not good but losing Davide certainly doesn’t help. Damn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Read that he's leaving to go to the Alpine (formerly Renault) F1 team, possibly as the new team lead, with Cyril Abetiboul moving to a higher mgmt position..

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Suzuki team manager Davide Brivio has left Suzuki. Apparently he left to pursue something with F1. Realistically the chances of Suzuki winning back to back championships is not good but losing Davide certainly doesn’t help. Damn

it's a big loss. Davide was instrumental in luring Valentino out of HRC and over to Yamaha. He was the manager for all of Valentino's championships with Yamaha. A lot of experience and know how just left Suzuki.

They will be alright. They have the best overall package/bike on the grid, and 2 young fired up riders with a lot of talent.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's not MGP but did anyone else see this?
Ducati North America Office & Employee Homes Raided by the FBI
https://www.asphaltandrubber.c...ee-homes-raided-fbi/

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw that. I suppose those inflated HP figures have finally come back to bite Ducati. Razz Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
ANd no one knows why......

Hmmmm

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
All I’ve been able to find is that the FBI was looking for some sort of financial documents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~