Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I did some digging. So far the throwback GP colors I want on the new GSX-R1000 are offered only for the Japanese Domestic Market. Mad Frown All my favorite motorcycles have a terrible tendency to be JDM. It looks like Europe and Asia markets might get those colors for a few smaller displacement GSX-R bikes but no word on the USA market.

I suppose I could always do what you guys did and build my own GP race replica.

Well that sucks.
But the labor of love going into doing it yourself is also rewarding.

I love the look of people when I say I painted it all, myself.
With rattle cans.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You are right rainman.

Looking closely at the JDM race replica just now I did notice some opportunities or ways that bike could’ve been a better GP replica. The frame is black on the JDM version and all the USA variants but the GP bike has a silver frame. I might end up having to make my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well sticks, you got fucked on that deal. Had Maverick’s Yamaha not fucked up where he had to jump off, Mir wins that race without question. Jack admitted he had nothing for Joan during race 1. Mir just got fucked over.

Ride of the day was Jack. His shoulder is jacked up. He said during the post race press conference that it felt like a knife being inserted into his back while riding. And he was there during both races.

Rossi again first Yamaha, man Yamaha has problems. Engines, brakes, their revamp was a positive but they still have a lot of problems.

I really thought Andrea was coming at the end of race 2. He started to look menacing.

Suzuki and KTM clearly have the best bikes this year. Suzuki just hasn’t put it all together yet but we are heading to circuits now where corner speed and cornering are more important than outright HP and straight line speed. Suzuki will be the one to watch. Misano, 2 races, and Catalunya.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I saw an article just today that put to words what has been in my mind for a while. Is Suzuki a title contender this year? (I think they might be) and if so are they squandering opportunities on the seemingly quite competitive GSX-RR?

I hope the best is yet to come as Mir settles in and his confidence continues to build and Rins continues to heal up. Rins has been towards the top even with his messed up shoulder. A little bit more consistency could go a long way for Rins and Mir if they hope to have a shot at the title. They cannot throw away any more races as Rins did in Spielberg round 1. They need the points this crazy season.

It was a heart breaker but hell this is a track where Suzuki should suck. They didn’t look awful on the straights and the GSX-RR is just an assassin in the turns with all that corner speed. They were WAAAAAAAAAAAY more competitive than I was expecting. I think even some of the management at Suzuki Ecstar was surprised by the team’s performance at Spielberg. Mir was on fire he does love the Red Bull Ring. Shame about the crash and how it all played out but that is unavoidable in racing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, the riders are allowed to take new tires after a red flag?

Why, then, did Mir not? Seems with fresher tires, he'd have possibly been closer to the fight for the podium/win. Olivera grabbed that perfect line while the leaders went deep/wide & pinched the win.

Eek At Vin having to bail with no brakes. Can't imagine having to make that decision in a split second at >150mph.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
So, the riders are allowed to take new tires after a red flag?

Why, then, did Mir not? Seems with fresher tires, he'd have possibly been closer to the fight for the podium/win. Olivera grabbed that perfect line while the leaders went deep/wide & pinched the win.

Eek At Vin having to bail with no brakes. Can't imagine having to make that decision in a split second at >150mph.

Mir used up all his medium front tires during the weekend and did not have a fresh one after the red flag. Guess he didn't want to risk going with a soft or hard front for the second half/ restart especially if he hadn't put laps on them during the weekend. Same thing happened to Miller last week during the first Austrian GP.

Prefontaine,
Have you heard anything regarding Zarco and next year? It was announced that he signed an extension with Ducati but the team remains a mystery. My guess is with Pramac.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Interesting article on what happened to Vinales last weekend.

https://www.motorsportmagazine...g-disaster-explained

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Details came out immediately after the race. Mav ignored Brembo’s recommendation on bigger and stronger calipers. It’s on him.

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sucks how it all played out for my team but that’s how it is sometimes.

I was feeling a bit feisty today (shocking) so I made some memes. It’s quite therapeutic to lash out at the HRC fans who are so used to winning that 2020 has been a bit of a shock to them. Big Grin

I made two versions of the meme and even though the more violent version is easier to read it was sort of in bad taste so I posted the later on (un)social media. There was a comment about putting all of ones eggs into one basket that really ruffled some feathers....

This little bomb generated lots of reaction from team red

I am most shocked by this one. Mostly people commenting on how they agree and a few who would like to see Dovi go to the underdog team in blue from Hamamatsu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
LOL
Freakin Ducati

But I do hope Dovi pulls the Championship!

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Maverick is lucky to be ok. That impact isn’t too far off from the 26G impact MM sustained when his Honda hit his arm and broke it.

It’s a race week! You guys getting excited?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
So that GSX-R1000 with the current MotoGP (Throwback) colors that I love is going to be a very limited edition bike in the U.K. Market with only 100 units being sold there. Link to article

No definite info on the US market yet but it’s looking like it’ll maybe be a decent bike to scoop up and hold onto if it is offered here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I know a guy,,, wink wink

That is SWEET looking!

And yes, I need some racing!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
RE: Race Replicas

Stopped into the local funshop (BMW/Indian/Triumph) over the weekend to window shop.

They had a brand new (plastic just removed) S1000RR.

But was more shocked to see 3 of the Daytona 765 Moto2 limited edition bikes. Quite a good looking scooter, IMO. Love all the bare carbon.
Sitting still in the showroom/parking lot, the Triumph felt like a more committed/racy rider position than the S1R.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been watching World Super Bike to hold me over.Rinaldi takes his first win on the Ducati!

That's a good find Stick on the Gixxer...100 Units! Don't leave the USA out , bring some Suzuki!

Posts: 91 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Press conference in the morning.

The Valentino Rossi Petronas deal may be signed at the Italian’s home circuit. He lives just a couple of miles from the circuit. Finally we get away from that shit hole track in Austria to a real MotoGP track. Some Italian fans get to go to the race so this is the first race this year with some fans in attendance.

I expect Ducati and KTM to be quick. They have both tested here prior to the race.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I’m ready to watch the race. Let’s see if Yamaha can capitalize on their grid positions.

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yamahas all look strong but so do the KTM’s and Suzukis.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Frankie, phenomenal ride. He took it from the 1st lap, and maintained it. He’s “growing up a lot” since last season. Bags, also phenomenal ride still injured. Reminds me of Valentino putting it on the podium after the tib/fib break in 2010. Seeing Valentino crutch his ass up onto the podium, it was deja vu today. And finally Mir. You got my rider at the end. A lot due to Valentino’s front tire choice, as he should have went with the hard but an outstanding ride and move to get that final podium spot. But honestly Mir, has a chance at this championship and so does Rins. Everyone is in this. Mir rode an outstanding race and the Suzuki was there at the end. If Suzuki can qualify better, they are going to win races this year.

Big winner today was Valentino Rossi even though Mir got him in the end. The VR|46 Academy got the first 2 positions in Moto2 and MotoGP. Valentino joked after getting beat, in his post race interview, that maybe he shouldn’t have started the academy. What a huge contribution and resurrection for Italian Motorsport. Valentino built the ranch, started the academy, running Moto 3/2 teams, training up the Italian academy riders in riding, being professional, eating right, training right, basically schooling all the youngsters. So if anyone is going to beat him, well for me it’s nice to see the pupils beat the teacher.