SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I thought the dragons would be more durable. Cersei’s men seem to have killing them mastered.

Dany's dragons are akin to the WW2 German Kriegsmarine's surface fleet. They're best role is as a "fleet in being".

Simply existing means they're a huge threat that everyone has to take into account, and devote their limited resources towards defending against and preparing for.

But if they're ever used, they're at extreme risk of being taken out, thus ending the threat. And there's no way to replace them.

So the best strategy in that scenario is actually not to employ them directly at all, unless an extremely favorable situation presents itself where they're a minimal risk. Instead, keep them safe, to tie down the enemy's resources and keep them looking over their shoulders, while proceeding with different units.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Dany had every chance to fly behind the iron fleet and take them all out.

It looked like Drogon was within firing distance from the wall of King's Landing. Why not simply take him out and wipe out Dany and her little troop of unsullied?

Not sure having Jaime sleep with Brienne was good for the show. I felt it cheapened their relationship that has built over the years.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Although there's a pretty good argument for Sansa taking out Cersei and jumping her fine ass on the Iron Throne, my money's on Jamie. They don't call him king killer for nothing. Well technically Cersei's not a king but same deal.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah Jamie killed the mad king to keep the city from burning.... He's going to do the same thing again

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

Not sure having Jaime sleep with Brienne was good for the show. I felt it cheapened their relationship that has built over the years.

Brienne needed to get laid. She had what, 25-30 years of horny building up, and she had zero interest in Tormund although for awhile I thought that would happen. Jamie gave her a punch in the pants and left, presumably to fight next to his little brother or to knock off Cersei.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Yeah Jamie killed the mad king to keep the city from burning.... He's going to do the same thing again
He or Arya, don't forget Clegane has a reckoning too...

Then there is the fact it isn't a Greyjoy baby...

And Reconnaissance isn't Dany's strong suit; hey we left Dragonstone un-occupied, maybe lets take our time to check out the view from high altitude.

But Dany's impatience is already her undoing, but we'll see where the last 2 episodes take us.

quote:
It looked like Drogon was within firing distance from the wall of King's Landing. Why not simply take him out and wipe out Dany and her little troop of unsullied?
I think he was back far enough away to not get destroyed by the 10+ Scorpion launchers.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Are you fucking kidding me?

Are they trying to drive this series into the ground?

Can't roll my eyes hard enough.

Wait, I thought you "rage quit" after the last episode.

Or did you just watch tonight's episode because you ran out of other things to complain about? Big Grin
Yeah, love the quit, no I didn't quit. Oh, I quit AGAIN people.

Amusing to watch. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dany had every chance to fly behind the iron fleet and take them all out.<snip>

This....a thousand times this. I was expecting it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m still going with Jon killing Dany.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Cersei should/would have wiped them all out right there. Dani, Tyrion, Greyowrm, Varys... all of them.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Cersei should/would have wiped them all out right there. Dani, Tyrion, Greyowrm, Varys... all of them.
I was actually expect her to fire and kill Tyrion and then unleash everything with the Golden company coming out of nowhere and slaughtering them all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I wondered when Cersei would *fully eclipse* Ramsay as the most vile character in GOT. Well she has arrived! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I wondered when Cersei would *fully eclipse* Ramsay as the most vile character in GOT. Well she has arrived! Big Grin

She did that a while ago. Like when she blew up a church and killed thousands of people.

Ramsay Bolton is small-scale evil. He's cruel to individuals.

Cersei Lannister is large-scale evil.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
“Which one of you cowards shit in my pants?”

Lol, great line!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I was actually expect her to fire and kill Tyrion and then unleash everything with the Golden company coming out of nowhere and slaughtering them all.

Tactically, she should've. Your main opponent, and two key advisors all gone in minutes. Guess that would leave that last two episodes kind of moot.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Someone forgot their Starbucks cup in last night's epp!

You've had 18 months to review these shows, and no one thought to CGI that sucker out!?!

LOL

‘Game of Thrones’ left a Starbucks cup in the show and people are freaking out a latte

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Much ado about nothing.

The various photos and clips showing off the cup have been edited to lighten the picture.

The scene itself is fairly dark (go figure), and the cup is only visible for a brief period, so I can see how that would have slipped through.

Here's one that's closer to the scene as actually shown. You can see it's a cup, but unless you know beforehand it's a Starbucks cup you're looking at, all you can tell is that it's just another cup in a feast hall full of cups.

posted Hide Post
Solid episode.

Although Dany is slipping a bit in terms of self-control, I think she's still pretty damn measured.

Nothing on Sansa, who swore an oath to keep the secret in the ancient grove, spills to Tyrion in less than 24 hours? She'll probably claim that the secret was bigger than her honor, etc. I've really grown to dislike her. Jon seems doomed to follow his uncle Ned's inability to let some shit slide when it comes to honor.

As for the dragons, I GET that they made a big-ass dragon-sized javelin projector, but dozens of them? Even fully crewed, they'd still take a full minute to reload, best case. It was like they were belt-fed...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Solid episode.

Although Dany is slipping a bit in terms of self-control, I think she's still pretty damn measured.

Nothing on Sansa, who swore an oath to keep the secret in the ancient grove, spills to Tyrion in less than 24 hours? She'll probably claim that the secret was bigger than her honor, etc. I've really grown to dislike her. Jon seems doomed to follow his uncle Ned's inability to let some shit slide when it comes to honor.

As for the dragons, I GET that they made a big-ass dragon-sized javelin projector, but dozens of them? Even fully crewed, they'd still take a full minute to reload, best case. It was like they were belt-fed...

Why didnt Danny circle behind the ships and burn them all after they killed the Dragon.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why didnt Danny circle behind the ships and burn them all after they killed the Dragon.

I know it is fiction, but nearly every moment of this show is so calculated, I am having a difficult time getting past this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

I know it is fiction, but nearly every moment of this show is so calculated, I am having a difficult time getting past this.

Or come in from the top.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post