SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
The best alternate ending I’ve seen. Video link here

I'm a fast reader, but good Lord those captions came and went way too fast to read most of.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Despite the weak ending, I will miss the show and bitching about it in this thread

I will miss all the bitching too, it was the best part about the show.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
yes I watched the entire show, but I'm glad it's over now.

Yep. Pretty good acting by nearly all of the characters along with a complex story line and impressive CGI, made for good entertainment. Time to put it in the memory bank and move on.

I would have loved for it to go on a few more seasons, had the writing remained good. There were some great episodes in season 6 and even 7, extremely enjoyable payoffs like The Door, Barn's learning of Jon's true history, everything coming together for Dany, Dany and Jon joining forces, etc. Then the writers decided to crap while while getting off the pot. I bet there's a whole 'nother drama behind the scenes between HBO, D & D (the writers), and others involved in the show regarding the disservice to the story, the fans, and maybe HBO itself done by such a rushed, forced conclusion. I'm not saying it was terrible, but it wasn't up to the standards we've come to expect.

THIS.

I would love to know who is really to blame for ending it this way. Most people say "Well, D&D were done with it" but I am not so sure. With the actors getting paid, the cost of the CGI, etc...I have a feeling HBO is the true reason why this season was so rushed.

I don't even have a huge problem with the ending, more so how they got there. This season should have been at least 10 episodes, maybe even 12. They could have given the white walkers more screen time, paid off the "Jon is a Targaryen" plot line, developed Jon and Dany's relationship in more detail, followed up with more drama after King's Landing burned and the new king was decided, Jon going north, etc etc... the list goes on.

Ending it this way didn't do the previous seasons, which plodded on at times, justice. I think far less people would be pissed if they had let this season play out with a full 10+ episodes like it should have.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
HBO wanted 10 seasons, but the Davids didn't.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I bet LOTS of people are cancelling HBO as we speak. Much of that would of happened anyway as soon as the show ended - GoT was the only reason I subscribed - but I'm sure there are others who will cancel partly out of anger, so HBO is probably suffering more than they needed to, sooner than they wanted to.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
There is a bonus episode next week. I'll cancel after that. I think its interviews, behind the scenes, and stuff.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't even have a huge problem with the ending, more so how they got there.

This sums it up nicely

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

Ending it this way didn't do the previous seasons, which plodded on at times, justice.

I bet Tyrion and Shae got more screen time and meaningful dialog together than The King in the North and Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne, and the Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons did.

And there was no indication Bran would accept or was fit to rule the 7, I mean 6, kingdoms. At the very end of the story fans shouldn't still have to be guessing and theorizing why something so major took place, based on nothing but speculation.

Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Tell me again. What is the Nights Watch mission now the the Night King is gone and the Free Folk are wiped out except for a thousand or so refugees?

Thenns. I fucking hate Thenns.

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:
Tell me again. What is the Nights Watch mission now the the Night King is gone and the Free Folk are wiped out except for a thousand or so refugees?

Staying warm at night, and making little free folk, and giving Bran something to peek at!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:

Then watch needs to keep the Thenns out....

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://baldmove.com/game-of-t...806-the-iron-throne/

Good discussion about the final episode.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...ing-bran-night-king/

Viral ‘Game Of Thrones’ Alternate Ending Has Bran Becoming The Night King

"An alternate “Game of Thrones” ending has gone viral online, and it’s substantially better than the real version.

Twitter user Khaled Comics posted a video of Bran turning into the Night King in the final moments of the show and revealing he waged into Daenerys before her slaughter of King’s Landing. (RELATED: These Are The Sexiest Photos Of ‘Game Of Thrones‘ Star Emilia Clarke On The Internet).

Honestly, it’s about a billion-and-a-half times better than the actual ending. Give it a watch.

Can somebody from HBO please explain to me how some random guy on Twitter can get his viral ending to be much better than the actual ending millions of dollars were spent on?

It doesn’t make any sense, but it’s just further proof of how bad the original ending was for millions of fans around the world.

I’ve seen some bad television during my life, and the “Game of Thrones” finale may have topped it all. Don’t get me wrong. I still loved the series, but the ending was unforgivable.

Maybe HBO should reach out to Khaled Comics and ask why some random guy was able to figure out a conclusion to the series that was actually exciting and presumably did it for free.

Shame on HBO, shame on everybody involved (minus the actors), and shame on the people who thought the “Game of Thrones” ending was good.

It most certainly was not. That’s my stance, and I’m not changing it."

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Your image host is wonked, Orguss.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I binge watched seacon 8 yesterday. Switched from tablet to computer to t as I thought the war with the night king was too dark.

I consider myself a sword and sorcery connoisseur and the ending was weak as well as the season. It showed TV script writers who can turn a novel into a script for TV but unable to turn themes into tv scripts. They were given a season to wrap up the series and that's what they did - mechanically.

Epic stories end with something clever. GOT didn't. Who knew ahead of time that the leader machine that Ripley used in the beginning of Alien would figure in her climactic battle with the creature at the end?

We had a whole season of Aria learning dead people stuff and she didn't use any of it? Jon having the most rightful claim to the throne being not being resolved and simply ignored? And all the other issues that people have raised. Nothing creative or clever at all in the ending.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
So what everyone is saying Lost had a better ending.

I'm glad I didn't waste the money on an HBO subscription.

Now if they would only put The Walking Dead out of its misery.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make it to the end of the documentary. I couldn't give a shit about the fucking snow guy or the overly enthusiastic Stark guard guy or the assistant to the director guy. Most of what they showed could already be seen in the "Inside the Episode" shorts that came after each episode during the season. I wanted to see interviews with the cast and producers.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yeah the documentary is not worth the time unless you have nothing to do, or want to FF through all the stuff that doesn’t focus on the cast.

I enjoyed when the cast first read through the scripts - it was moving seeing their reactions to the major deaths, and Arya being the one to kill the NK.

Seeing Sophie Turner crying after the cameras had stopped during the big funeral at Winterfell was an insight. Method acting works, it seems.

I always like seeing Emilia Clark not in character. She seems like a happy, fun young lady. (No need to burst my bubble if she’s a typical SJW actress, please.)

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wow..that documentary was painful. Kind of like an extra kick in the balls after that finale.

Emilia Clarke is quite the cutie, every interview I've ever seen with her she is smiling and having fun.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Now, my hope is that GRRM will finish the written books.

The books and show had diverged noticeably by the time the show passed the fifth book. Room to hope for a better final arc and ending.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post