SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
How much experience do you have waiting for an event that has a reasonable chance of your death and you have no way to avoid it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was at the Alamo in a former life.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Dany has gone from being one of my favorite characters to now being one of my least favorite. I hope she does not end up on the throne.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
How much experience do you have waiting for an event that has a reasonable chance of your death and you have no way to avoid it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was at the Alamo in a former life.

Nothing like seeing the Texans afraid of the Mexicans!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Dany has gone from being one of my favorite characters to now being one of my least favorite. I hope she does not end up on the throne.

Yeah she's getting to be a real fun governor. She was fighting for her throne but also to help the world, now she's just focused on power.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
I also liked finally seeing the payoff of Podrick's secret

Did I miss something? What was his secret?

I thought his secret was his sexual prowess (whores won't accept his money) which I didn't see revealed or maybe his not so bad singing voice.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
I’m assuming he confused Podrick and Gendry.

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This is not generally how people spend their final moments on earth.

I disagree. EVERY time I've faced death on the eve of an endless winter AND on the verge of being attacked by a dead, zombie dragon and a 100,000 strong army of dead people, I spend my final moments in the exact same way. Smile

And wine was ALWAYS involved. Lots of wine....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Giant's Milk

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ronnied316:
I’m assuming he confused Podrick and Gendry.

No doubt.

Ayra is now privy to the fact that Robert Baratheon was Gendry's real father which makes him the current rightful heir to the throne, after Joffrey and Tommen Baratheon died. That is of course if you discount the Targaryen's blood line to the throne.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Who sits on the Iron Throne at the end is the biggest red herring of them all, IMO.

No one will sit on the Throne. One might note that the only people left who give a shit about the Throne are Cersei, Dany and Sansa--and they care about it so much that they can barely set aside their lust for the Throne to confront an existential threat.

Indeed, the two people who have an actual legitimate claim to the Throne, Jon and Gendry, don't care. Tyrion doesn't care. Varys cares about the well-being of the realm. Even Jaime doesn't really care, although, like Dany, his whole upbringing was nothing but brainwashing to care about the Throne. Ned never cared either.

Everyone except the three women ceased caring about it--and even put aside their family strife--when they realized there was a genuinely important conflict.

I think Bran's conversation with Jaime was instructive: he reminded him how silly it was to worry about whether or not he tells anyone that Jaime pushed him from the tower when there's an army of the dead coming. Couple that with the shedding of old identities: Bran is no longer Bran, Jaime is no longer Kingslayer (he lost that with his hand), Jon is no longer Jon, etc.

As Tormund said, "Fuck tradition". The Throne is irrelevant at the end of the story.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Who sits on the Iron Throne at the end is the biggest red herring of them all, IMO.

I'm telling ya, it's gonna be Ser Pounce.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

I'm telling ya, it's gonna be Ser Pounce.

Are you saying there will be herring on the throne for Ser Pounce to feast on? Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The throne is the ultimate MacGuffin?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Olwell Pratten
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The throne is the ultimate MacGuffin?

That is a fantastic observation. I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Throne was the biggest MacGuffin I've ever come across.

Posts: 252 | Location: Prescott Valley, AZ | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Maybe this isn't a surprise to anyone else, but I was under the assumption there was only a handful of white walkers, since that's all we ever saw around the NK, but in the final shot of S8/E2, we see a bunch of them lined up on horses.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Maybe this isn't a surprise to anyone else, but I was under the assumption there was only a handful of white walkers, since that's all we ever saw around the NK, but in the final shot of S8/E2, we see a bunch of them lined up on horses.

Supposed to be about 100,000 of them

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

On foot. They've only ever shown a few mounted leaders, but the closing of the episode showed a dozen or so.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

On foot. They've only ever shown a few mounted leaders, but the closing of the episode showed a dozen or so.

I think you guys might be confusing white walkers and wights.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

At least every son Craster had, and you saw how many daughters he had....

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
quote:

I think you guys might be confusing white walkers and wights.

Yeah, I'm referring to the ones who seem be leaders/able to raise/command dead, ride horses, use special weapons, etc., not the zombie hords.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post