SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It’s all been a dream. Bran got KO’d when he fell and it’s been 7 seasons of a dream.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
It’s all been a dream. Bran got KO’d when he fell and it’s been 7 seasons of a dream.

Ha! Now that would be disappointing.

Almost as disappointing as having a Sopranos type ending without closure.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So very satisfying an episode!

Loved seeing Brienne knighted by Jaime while everyone looked on.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
How is it that none of the supposedly smart people can understand that maybe it's a bad idea to put all the defenseless people in a place where the dead are kept when they're about to face an army that can raise the dead?

This whole episode felt like a lot of fanservice and a farewell tour, not a good episode for the show. I liked a lot of it, and it had some good moments, but overall it was pretty weak.

The scene with Arya and Gendry was totally unnecessary and out of character.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Excellent episode.

This episode further reinforced that it is Sansa, not Dany, who has the loyalty and support of a large number of people in a wide swath of the Seven Kingdoms. The North, obviously. The Vale too. One or both of the Lannister Brothers can help her with the West. And once Asha and Theon retake the Iron Islands, them too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sansa ended up on the Iron Throne, once it's all said and done.

I'm starting to suspect that Jorah Mormont is Azor Ahai. The legend says that Azor Ahai, in order to form Lightbringer and end the darkness, has to thrust his sword into the heart of a lion, as well as the heart of the woman he loves. He now wields a sword called Heartsbane. I suspect he's going to end up killing one of the Lannisters, and then having to kill Dany, thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
How is it that none of the supposedly smart people can understand that maybe it's a bad idea to put all the defenseless people in a place where the dead are kept when they're about to face an army that can raise the dead?

The Night King has only ever resurrected the recently deceased. I am willing to believe that the long dead are beyond resurrection.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Excellent episode.

This episode further reinforced that it is Sansa, not Dany, who has the loyalty and support of a large number of people in a wide swath of the Seven Kingdoms. The North, obviously. The Vale too. One or both of the Lannister Brothers can help her with the West. And once Asha and Theon retake the Iron Islands, them too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sansa ended up on the Iron Throne, once it's all said and done.

I'm starting to suspect that Jorah Mormont is Azor Ahai. The legend says that Azor Ahai, in order to form Lightbringer and end the darkness, has to thrust his sword into the heart of a lion, as well as the woman he loves. He now wields a sword called Heartsbane. I suspect he's going to end up killing one of the Lannisters, and then having to kill Dany, thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Maybe after each is one of the dead

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
The calm before the storm...

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm changing my prediction.

I now think that Ser Pounce will sit the Iron Throne.
Big Grin

These first two episodes have been a lot of filler. They could've wrapped both of these in one episode.

I like the above idea that Jorah is Azor Ahai.

And at least we know Ghost is alive.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

The Night King has only ever resurrected the recently deceased. I am willing to believe that the long dead are beyond resurrection.

I don't think we can know that for sure, and by the very pointed way they referred to the crypt over and over and over in the episode and the scene in the teaser of Arya running through some dark passageways, I think it's gonna be an issue.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oh, and HBO put up a lyric video of the song Pod sings:
https://youtu.be/eTa1jHk1Lxc

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uncomfortable to watch.
However I couldn't help but think about the first season when Robert and Ned are on their way to King's Landing, when Ned is named Hand of the King. While picnicking Robert says something about his son getting together with Ned's daughter, meaning Joffrey and Sansa. Interesting that it was actually Arya and Gendry in the end.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Many of you posting in this thread obviously are much more aware of the intricacies of the story than I. With the recent revelation than Jon Snow is a Targaryen, and male heir to the Iron Throne, and that his claim surpasses that of Daenerys. What remains unclear to me is whether they are blood related such that they shouldn’t sleep with each other.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Many of you posting in this thread obviously are much more aware of the intricacies of the story than I. With the recent revelation than Jon Snow is a Targaryen, and male heir to the Iron Throne, and that his claim surpasses that of Daenerys. What remains unclear to me is whether they are blood related such that they shouldn’t sleep with each other.

Her brother is his father.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t matter how they’re related. Their family has a long history of incestuous relationships.

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Maybe not to her, but he wasn't raised that way.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Excellent episode.

Agreed
quote:
I can see that, Dany is getting a little "it's mine" about the Throne and I doubt she will live to sit upon it.
quote:

I'm starting to suspect that Jorah Mormont is Azor Ahai...
That's pretty deep into the books, but it would be interesting to see it roll like that.
quote:
Nah, I think it was long overdue. If Arya is one thing, she's a realist.
quote:
The calm before the storm...
Yes indeed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My 2 cents...career move.
Maise Williams needed a nude scene like everyone else so that she is seen as an adult actress now the this gig is done.
It might be tough to get the career past being Arya Stark, pretty memorable character.
But who knows, I was wrong about Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
quote:

My 2 cents...career move.
Maise Williams needed a nude scene like everyone else so that she is seen as an adult actress now the this gig is done.
It might be tough to get the career past being Arya Stark, pretty memorable character.
But who knows, I was wrong about Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies.

Played like a body double in a big way. I'm pretty sure it wasn't her.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Arya will die. I think they made that scene fairly mild compared to the nudity in other seasons. I don’t think she wants to be doing nude scenes.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post