SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I like Bran's "I'm waiting for a friend"...who happens to be Jaimie.

Or he's just always in the courtyard like a pervy Professor X because there are no wheelchair ramps....

Made me laugh!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
But since Bran is now the 3 eyed raven, does he really care?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:

Bran has the easiest acting job now.

Director: "Say your lines like a robot, like, you are above everything. Got it, Bran"

Bran: "I'm not Bran, I'm the three...."

Director: "YES, YES, YES! I know, you're the three eyed raven!"

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:

Bran has the easiest acting job now.

Director: "Say your lines like a robot, like, you are above everything. Got it, Bran"

Bran: "I'm not Bran, I'm the three...."

Director: "YES, YES, YES! I know, you're the three eyed raven!"

Isaac Wright is a method actor so he has been refusing to walk for the last 7 years.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I thought each episode was supposed to be much longer in length...

Enjoyed it nonetheless

The first 2 episodes were projected at 54 mins and 58 mins

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 9mmepiphany,

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
They squeezed in a whole lot of plot in that episode. Lots of shit happening.

The Hound and Arya reunion was pretty funny. Its been so long I forgot how she knew Gendry.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched it over lunch, thought it was good episode & didn't seem too fast-paced.
Waiting to see how Jon handles the conversation with Sam over the next episode or 2.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the episode. They should have just picked up where the last season ended. I found the flashbacks of bits and pieces distracting as it was not really necessary for continuation of the story.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
** CAUTION: Now that Season 8 has officially kicked off, posts WILL have spoilers"

Watched 8.1 for a second time yesterday. Gilly/Little Sam were visibly missing from the episode, eh? There's also debate on full-blown GoT boards about Jon riding Rhaegal or rather Rhaegal allowing Jon to ride him. Thing is, it's been explained several times that only Targaryens can ride dragons and even then, some Targaryens have been severely maimed or killed by a dragon that didn't want that person for a rider.

So I guess Daenerys' knowledge of dragon history is so poor that she doesn't put two and two together when Rheagal allows Jon to mount. This should have at least set off a light bulb to Daenerys to think, "Hmmmmm...how does Jon ride this dragon if he's a bastard and has no Targaryen blood? Oh wait...HOLY CRAP!!! I've been banging a relative?!?!?" But I think family incest was common in the Targaryen line to "keep it pure", so she probably doesn't give it a second thought.

Yeah...she's gonna have a second thought when that "I'm your nephew and the true king" line gets dropped on her.

Sure to have other comments as I rewatch the episode throughout the week...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Jamie Lannister completely forgot about Bran or thought him dead ?

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
** CAUTION: Now that Season 8 has officially kicked off, posts WILL have spoilers"

Watched 8.1 for a second time yesterday. Gilly/Little Sam were visibly missing from the episode, eh? There's also debate on full-blown GoT boards about Jon riding Rhaegal or rather Rhaegal allowing Jon to ride him. Thing is, it's been explained several times that only Targaryens can ride dragons and even then, some Targaryens have been severely maimed or killed by a dragon that didn't want that person for a rider.

So I guess Daenerys' knowledge of dragon history is so poor that she doesn't put two and two together when Rheagal allows Jon to mount. This should have at least set off a light bulb to Daenerys to think, "Hmmmmm...how does Jon ride this dragon if he's a bastard and has no Targaryen blood? Oh wait...HOLY CRAP!!! I've been banging a relative?!?!?" But I think family incest was common in the Targaryen line to "keep it pure", so she probably doesn't give it a second thought.

Yeah...she's gonna have a second thought when that "I'm your nephew and the true king" line gets dropped on her.

Sure to have other comments as I rewatch the episode throughout the week...

I think she just thinks the dragon likes Jon because she likes him. Remember he touched the dragon back on Dragonstone, and even Tyrion was able to touch them and unchain them while she was gone. So maybe they just assume the dragons can tell who is someone they like or trust. Kind of like a dog, they may not like someone until you tell them its OK or they see you accepting that person so then maybe they will.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if Jamie Lannister completely forgot about Bran or thought him dead

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most people do not forget when they maim somebody for life. He probably hoped he was dead.
Jamie is not stupid but he does not have the mind of his devious sister.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Edited title to show possible spoiler warning.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I wonder if Jamie Lannister completely forgot about Bran or thought him dead

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most people do not forget when they maim somebody for life. He probably hoped he was dead.
Jamie is not stupid but he does not have the mind of his devious sister.

Remember it was reported that Theon killed Bran and Rickon after taking over Winterfell; the fact that Bran was still alive was likely only known to the Starks / Snow / etc, not the Lannisters (and at least not Jamie, who had been on the road for a couple of weeks during the ride to Winterfell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Prediction - Danny will die fighting the Night King & Dead Dragon and John Snow, er whatever his name is now, will never have to bring up the fact he was banging his aunt.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
...and even Tyrion was able to touch them and unchain them while she was gone.
There is theory that Tyrion may be part Targaryen as well. Just how, I don't know.
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Prediction - Danny will die fighting the Night King & Dead Dragon and John Snow, er whatever his name is now, will never have to bring up the fact he was banging his aunt.
That is damned LOL funny right there, man!!! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
...and even Tyrion was able to touch them and unchain them while she was gone.
There is theory that Tyrion may be part Targaryen as well. Just how, I don't know.

The theory is that Tyrion is the son of the Mad King Aerys Targaryen and Joanna Lannister. In the books, it's documented that Aerys was infatuated with Joanna, and there are some cryptic references that can be interpreted to give further support for this theory, although the evidence overall is fairly thin. (So far.)

But "the dragon has three heads", after all... And that could make Tyrion the third head.

That would also explain why the dragons tolerate him, if he's half Targaryen like Jon.

That's the theory, at least.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it was done as foreshadowing, or intentional misleading of the audience, but Jon conspicuously rested his hand in Arya’s shoulder at their reunion, and she took note. Recall the very first episode, when King Robert visited Winterfell. Every Stark he greeted with contact died.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
No idea if it will happen, but I can see The Hound giving Arya a few impactful words of wisdom regarding being cold blooded killer, like he was, and his relative change of heart about his past ways.

I get the feeling Arya, with her new weapon, will die a heroine's death going after the Night King or the Wight Dragon. Or maybe she'll be successful...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I predict Daenerys will accuse Sam Tarly for treason when she finds out what he told Jon. She will claim he's saying this only for revenge for the death of Sam's father and brother and to dethrone her. He will suffer the same fate...death by dragon fire...when he doesn't "bend the knee". Sam's only defense will be if he brought the books with the diary and writings of the old Maester that tell of the marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna. Bran, the 3-eyed Raven, will have to play a hand in this as well, to convey Lyanna's wishes to Eddard Stark.

We're like a bunch of old biddies sitting around talking about a soap opera... Big Grin Big Grin