SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It was pointed out elsewhere online that Davos and Bronn's banter in their final scene is even funnier when you recall that, up until a couple seasons ago, Davos was illiterate. Now he's correcting Bronn's grammar. Big Grin

Hmmm.... I don't recall Davos speaking incorrectly, even before Shireen taught him to read. "Can't read" and "uses poor grammar" are two different things.

He's been doing that for seasons. Stannis used to correct his speech.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

LMAO!

A friend of mine who did follow GOT told me Sunday night that she was really starting to become this big hero to radical feminists and they are freaking PISSED at how she ended up. Big Grin

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A friend of mine who did follow GOT told me Sunday night that she was really starting to become this big hero to radical feminists and they are freaking PISSED at how she ended up. Big Grin

Oh yeah! Along with the carping about how GOT betrayed women (they had Dany go mad to keep her off the throne, Sansa failed to bewail perpetual victim-hood from the abuse she suffered, and Brienne cried) was that naming Bran "the Broken" was insensitive to the alternately abled, and Brienne and Arya would've made a perfect couple if not for the hetero male writers.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I thought it was exciting to watch Tyrion rearrange chairs for a few minutes.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

That and the several minutes of him wandering through the wreckage and basement of the Red Keep.

It was touching when he found Cersei & Jaime's bodies and realized, "My siblings are so stupid. If they had stood about 30' over, they wouldn't have been crushed by debris."

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
One thing is for sure: the ending has resulted in some quality low-brow internet humor! I particularly liked this one:

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

That and the several minutes of him wandering through the wreckage and basement of the Red Keep.

It was touching when he found Cersei & Jaime's bodies and realized, "My siblings are so stupid. If they had stood about 30' over, they wouldn't have been crushed by debris."

Hahah yeah I was laughing at that, how stupid.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it looked like about 100 tons of debris came down on them, like the whole red keep was caving in on the foundations.

Then he finds them not even totally buried

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's a dumb meme, as only four of the people in that lineup are still alive.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
That's a dumb meme, as only four of the people in that lineup are still alive.

Yes, I saw that. But I also got the point of it.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
The best alternate ending I’ve seen. Video link here

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Yeah, that's how I'll remember it! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
LOL at "Drogon burninated the countryside."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
yes I watched the entire show, but I'm glad it's over now.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

Yep. Pretty good acting by nearly all of the characters along with a complex story line and impressive CGI, made for good entertainment. Time to put it in the memory bank and move on.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Best ending ever, including the music.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:

Yep. Pretty good acting by nearly all of the characters along with a complex story line and impressive CGI, made for good entertainment. Time to put it in the memory bank and move on.

I would have loved for it to go on a few more seasons, had the writing remained good. There were some great episodes in season 6 and even 7, extremely enjoyable payoffs like The Door, Barn's learning of Jon's true history, everything coming together for Dany, Dany and Jon joining forces, etc. Then the writers decided to crap while while getting off the pot. I bet there's a whole 'nother drama behind the scenes between HBO, D & D (the writers), and others involved in the show regarding the disservice to the story, the fans, and maybe HBO itself done by such a rushed, forced conclusion. I'm not saying it was terrible, but it wasn't up to the standards we've come to expect.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Despite the weak ending, I will miss the show and bitching about it in this thread

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post