SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I just finished season 6 and have two comments regarding The Battle of the Bastards:

1) Ramsay Bolton is using a special type of bow when he releases Rickon to run across the battlefield. It uses counter-balanced arms in addition to the regular arms. This is apparently a specially designed bow for Ramsay because nobody else is using one. I have never seen one outside of the show and wondered if it had a real-world application. I looked it up and found it to be called a Micmac or Penobscot bow.

2) Why didn't Wun Wun have a weapon? Give that giant a whittled down tree truck to use as a mace or something!

Variation of a compound bow maybe?

Edit: Found this, Micmac or Penobscot Bow
https://www.quora.com/What-kin...ttle-of-the-Bastards

Clearly, you didn't read my entire post about it. I already named it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
2) Why didn't Wun Wun have a weapon? Give that giant a whittled down tree truck to use as a mace or something!

A scythe would have been quite effective.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yqq5rM3nfPA

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
31 hours and counting!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Premature nerdgasm - Engaged!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've been watching five or six episodes per day in the past week to catch up. I finished watching Season 7, Episode 6 on Friday but am waiting to watching Episode 7 right before the Season 8 premiere. Razz

I saw Kit Harrington's interview on The Graham Norton Show and felt sad for him when he related that after the show had wrapped, a fan asked him if he was Jon Snow and he sadly replied, "Not anymore."
https://youtu.be/oC-GdmsDvEk

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: Jon Snow is really Senator Palpatine! (Why is he hunched over like this?)

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
BREAKING: Jon Snow is really Senator Palpatine! (Why is he hunched over like this?)

I would guess as an allegory on the burden of leadership. It is also a similar pose to the one Ned Stark was in for season 1.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
It is also a similar pose to the one Ned Stark was in for season 1.

This.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just realized something from that photo: Ned Stark didn't wield Ice as an EDC, so why would he bring it with him to King's Landing?

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
A little disappointed it was only an hour long but glad to be back in it. It'll be a long week until the next episode.

Oh, and the opening credits are really well done. It's a nice touch that would have been cool to see in previous seasons.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm glad most of the episode took place at Winterfell. It was really good to see everyone coming back together. I personally think there's gonna be a day when Cersei hands Euron's testicles to him on a silver platter...just don't think she's diggin' the scene as much as Euron is.

Hopefully there's a replay of Ep. 1 during the week...I'll need to watch it again a couple of times to digest it.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I say Snow will kill Daenarys in front of her dragons in an episode 7 year jerker.

Or...here’s my theory...Tarly asked Snow if “she”(Daenarys) would give up the crown/life etc, like Snow did. This could be foreshadowing that she will give up everything to save everyone or her ice dragon...to accomplish this, she dies in dramatic fashion.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
That episode was too short.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
That episode was too short.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I thought each episode was supposed to be much longer in length...

Enjoyed it nonetheless

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
It was speculation that all the episodes would be 90 minutes. HBO released the run times about a month back with the first two episodes being close to one hour, and the remaining episodes being closer to 80 minutes.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I like Bran's "I'm waiting for a friend"...who happens to be Jaimie.

Or he's just always in the courtyard like a pervy Professor X because there are no wheelchair ramps....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Or he's just always in the courtyard like a pervy Professor X because there are no wheelchair ramps....

And Hodor's not around to schlep him up and down the stairs any more.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miketx
posted Hide Post
So it's true that Daenerys is hoping for 8 inches of snow?

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post