SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
GRRM has said that there are no spinoffs or sequels in the works, and that he wouldn't support any direct sequels. So no "Game of Thrones 2: Arya Goes West".

But then he's said lots of stuff that turned out to not be true, like that the next book would be published in 2014, then 2015, then... Wink

So who knows.

I wonder if he considers a prequel to be a spinoff, since he's currently working on one as writer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Bran? Bran? Really, Bran?

He has refused to be addressed as Bran all season but put King in front of that name and it's like.....What three eyed raven?

Bran Muffin? Really?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spin off was the first thing I thought of as I watched Arya sail off!

And that'd be the only one I'd consider watching. I can't imagine anyone tuning in to watch 'Jon Repopulates Hoth' or 'Queen Nothing, Sansa in the North'.

Some of the King's Landing bickering between master of coin, hand, maester, etc. might be fun for a while, but nostalgia can only get you so far.

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Were gonna need a bigger ramp

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I wonder if he considers a prequel to be a spinoff, since he's currently working on one as writer.

He says he dislikes the term "spinoffs", and prefers "successors". And that none of them will feature characters from this show. He said something like "With thousands of years of history and millions of potential characters available, why would we keep coming back to the same 50 characters?"

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Season 8, name that episode!

Episode 6: "Tyrion Rearranges the Furniture"?

Episode 6: "The Wheelchair Ramps of King's Landing"?

Episode 6: "Replacing the Wheel with Four"?

Episode 6: "Was that Howland Reed?"?

Episode 6: "Hey, You Remember the Tullys, Right?"?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
How’d they not even mention Jon’s whole king thing at all?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Episode 6: "Was that Howland Reed?"?

Unclear. They don't identify the man sitting between Edmure Tully and Samwell, the Dornishman and the other guy sitting next to Yara, or the white-bearded man sitting next to Jan Royce in the credits or cast list.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Well, hey...at least he pet the dog.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very anti climactic.

King Bran??? WTF? So 10 years of who is Jon Snow really? Eh, doesn't really amount to shit. I guess Bran was right about him telling his sisters, it didnt matter.

I think it would have been better in the end for everyone to go to war again, just to show that nothing ever changes, the Game of Thrones goes on. And where did legions of unsullied come from? I agree the return of Bronn was stupid, just tacked on to wrap him up.

And winter is still here, and everything is wrecked. Might need to deal with that. And why is there a Nights Watch anymore?

Whole thing was a big ol meh

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
So 10 years of who is Jon Snow really? Eh, doesn't really amount to shit.

10 years of "Winter is Coming" didn't amount to shit either. Big Grin

Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Sam's training for being the Grand Maester consisted of dumping chamber pots?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:

That, and reading all the books he stole.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:

Well, hey, if all the noble houses suddenly jump on board with this new-fangled moot that chooses a king, surely the maesters at the Citadel will just throw protocol to the wind, too.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad it's fucking over.
What a cluster.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
How the fuck does the dragon just say, “see ya!” While going to hide the evidence?

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Yea, I thought, "Oh shit! That's a real bro move there Drogon, hiding the body and all!" But then Jon was in prison anyway and I was disappointed.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
How the fuck does the dragon just say, “see ya!” While going to hide the evidence?

Well...

... its like feeding a dragon.

They eat anything they fucking well want.

As for the final episode, my only question is this:

Is Brienne of Tarth, Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and Commander of the King's Guard getting boffed by Sir Podrick, The Joy Giver?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Okay. That whole "election" scene made zero sense.

A half-hearted attempt at a (brief and poorly written) rousing speech, then a hard left turn into a nomination for ... Bran?

Then, both Dorne and the Iron Islands, who are fiercely independent and chafed heavily under the rule of the Iron Throne, have their chance at independence just within grasp, but then toss it away to bend the knee to some kid who they know nothing about, based solely on a few words from Tyrion?

But then Sansa gets to keep the North's independence, and everyone's just like "Whatever".

What the actual fuck?

Besides that, I though the ending was a bit too sappy sweet for Game of Thrones, although it did wrap everything up in a nice little package, complete with a bow. Arya going off to be a badass explorer. Jon being right back where he wants to be. Sansa happy as a clam on the throne of an independent North, (which is actually about what I expected, though not how I expected it). Brienne and Pod get to keep being battle buddies as Kingsguards. Tyrion was gets to keep being snarky and clever as Hand. Davos get to play with ships. And Sam not only gets to be a Maester like he's dreamed about his whole life, but even Grand Maester. Bronn as Master of Coin is an especially odd choice, though I think they just threw that in as a nod to the Bronn fans more than anything, as one last chance to squeeze in some banter... ("Oh, are you Master of Grammar now too?")

Agreed. Weak. Bran comes from nowhere, and the rest is too neat by half.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Y'all are underestimating just how devious Bran was. Ever since he became the 3ER, he's been guiding events to this point.

He played the game better than anyone, because no one even knew he was playing.

THIS IS SARCASM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobtheelf,

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post