SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Saw the same thing and agree with everything you said

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
There's spoiler alerts on youtube and reddit from sources who were accurate in their predictions for episodes 4 and 5. If true, this final episode should result in a public hanging of the two writers responsible for it and this less than stellar final season.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. Looked up the spoilers. If they pan out I'll be fine. Won't speculate on anything here until after tomorrow night for those that donN'T want it ruined.

That being said. I honestly think, on a show this popular and big, these writers were dammed either way. And they knew it.
Impossible to tie it up in a way that makes at least 50 % happy.

It was entertainment and fun to follow, and definitely not boring to discuss with all the different views of viewers and readers of books.

I'll miss these discussions more than the show itself as it served as a distraction for a spell from the realities of life.

Howsoever it ends, thanks for the memes, laughs, videos, spoilers, and discussion this show provided on here.

Next up.......DEADWOOD MOVIE!

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a spoiler. Bronn is in the new John Wick movie.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just about everyone feels the season is rushed.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Someone on Reddit posted something to this effect.

"GOT fans obviously never watched Dexter to know what a series really going to shit feels like"

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random question....

As seemingly disappointed fans are in this season, does it give incentive for Martin to finish his books and offer the ending he has always envisioned, or will fans be 'Throned Out" and not give a crap anymore?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Random question....

I would think you'd first have to ask how many who have/are watching GoT have ever picked up, let alone read the books.

Frankly I suspect the percentage is quite low so draw your own conclusion to your query. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I stopped reading the books....they just....wore....on me...and after the series passed where I was in the books my incentive to go back to reading them was very low

J might be intrigued how it ends in the books as opposed to the series....but then again....I haven’t loved this season....I might be throned out

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Random question....

As seemingly disappointed fans are in this season, does it give incentive for Martin to finish his books and offer the ending he has always envisioned, or will fans be 'Throned Out" and not give a crap anymore?

It’s honestly Twilight. Remember those films and all the vampire bullshit? I mean it was twice yearly with vampire films, zombies, werewolves. You had the fang banger series on HBO, the Twilight Movies, the Lycans, etc. It’s like that now. Or maybe a better comparison is Disney taking over Star Wars. Put a fork in it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
does it give incentive for Martin to finish his books and offer the ending he has always envisioned, or will fans be 'Throned Out" and not give a crap anymore?

I read all 5 books several years before GOT became a series. I was very interested in the first 3, was so-so by the time I got through with the 4th, and by the time I finished book 5 I hated every character and wanted them all dead. But discovered that there’s to be another book...but Martin lost me a longtime ago. If you can’t finish a story over 5 books and over 5000 pages you shouldn’t even begin writing it.

So, regardless of he write one more or a dozen i couldn’t care less. I will never read anything else by him.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:

If you can’t finish a story over 5 books and over 5000 pages you shouldn’t even begin writing it.

So, regardless of he write one more or a dozen i couldn’t care less. I will never read anything else by him.

He has continued to proclaim his magic number is 7. 7 kingdoms and ultimately intends to have 7 books in the series he describes as his "opus." He started this mess in 1991... go figure. Smile

Asimov, Tolkien, and others were always content with trilogies. Obviously not Martin. Frown

I've never read nor have any intention of reading his books.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Jordan’s classic series, The Wheel of Time, was 14 books long and he died with 3 books left. And it was great.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
So if there is still a Night's Watch then why isn't Sam there? If the King can have a member of the Night's Watch serve as his Maester then why can't he have Jon Snow serve as his Master of War?

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
That was worst than the Seinfeld series finale or the Sorpranos.

After 8 seasons.. that's all we get.. the writers better lay low for a few years.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It presents HBO with an opportunity to create three spin-offs. One that follows Arya, one that follows Sansa and Bran, and one that follows Jon.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I wasn't as unimpressed as I thought I might be after reading everyone's dire predictions.

Pretty solid wrap-up I thought. As has been mentioned, no way to do it without pissing off a large number of people.

And I don't blame HBO writers a bit. Martin is the one who dropped the ball. They had eight freakin' years of shows - during any of which he could have finished the books, but he liked having his ego stroked and keeping everyone in suspense.

I've read all the books, and frankly, I don't give a damn if he ever finishes them. The ending portrayed suits me just fine.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Okay. That whole "election" scene made zero sense.

A half-hearted attempt at a (brief and poorly written) rousing speech, then a hard left turn into a nomination for ... Bran?

Then, both Dorne and the Iron Islands, who are fiercely independent and chafed heavily under the rule of the Iron Throne, have their chance at independence just within grasp, but then toss it away to bend the knee to some kid who they know nothing about, based solely on a few words from Tyrion?

But then Sansa gets to keep the North's independence, and everyone's just like "Whatever".

What the actual fuck?

Besides that, I though the ending was a bit too sappy sweet for Game of Thrones, although it did wrap everything up in a nice little package, complete with a bow. Arya going off to be a badass explorer. Jon being right back where he wants to be. Sansa happy as a clam on the throne of an independent North, (which is actually about what I expected, though not how I expected it). Brienne and Pod get to keep being battle buddies as Kingsguards. Tyrion was gets to keep being snarky and clever as Hand. Davos get to play with ships. And Sam not only gets to be a Maester like he's dreamed about his whole life, but even Grand Maester. Bronn as Master of Coin is an especially odd choice, though I think they just threw that in as a nod to the Bronn fans more than anything, as one last chance to squeeze in some banter... ("Oh, are you Master of Grammar now too?")

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
It presents HBO with an opportunity to create three spin-offs. One that follows Arya, one that follows Sansa and Bran, and one that follows Jon.

Spin off was the first thing I thought of as I watched Arya sail off!
I enjoyed it.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
GRRM has said that there are no direct spinoffs or sequels in the works, nor would he support any direct sequels. So no "Game of Thrones 2: Arya Goes West". The next Game of Thrones series will feature all new characters.

But then he's said lots of stuff that turned out to not be true, like that the next book would be published in 2014, then 2015, then... Wink

So who knows.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post

The shittier part is everything else besides the writing was top notch.

Emotional speech annnnnnd Bran.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post