SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Is Arya fire proof like Danaerys?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I think the fact that he put the ring(s) in the cup is pretty good indication he wanted the girl to have it, since she'd likely be the one to collect the cup to take to the kitchen.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It may also have been a scene to show that he knew what his fate was and accepted it.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The rings could also have been a sign to his spiders - if I disappear and you find my rings, do XYZ, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Is Arya fire proof like Danaerys?

No. She has zero Targaryen blood.

Even Jon, who is half Targaryen, can be burned, as evidenced in the first season when he's injured torching the wight at Castle Black.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
It may also have been a scene to show that he knew what his fate was and accepted it.

Totally. He knew.

posted Hide Post
That "goodbye old friend" from Varys to Tyrion after Tyrion coped to ratting him off was a bit rough.

That's going to weight heavily on him now that Dany has proven herself unhinged.

Wonder if that will lead to Tyrion doing something stupid. Well, more stupid.

Especially since he has to remember Varys was one of the people involved in getting him out of a tough spot before he could be executed.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Cersi => Dani; “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.” Roll Eyes

Maybe that is the point Martin was trying to make. All despots are the same.

Question: Is there a role for the girl Greyjoy? Theon's sister? She is also a certifiable tough guy. I think they won't just leave that thread hanging.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Question: Is there a role for the girl Greyjoy? Theon's sister? She is also a certifiable tough guy. I think they won't just leave that thread hanging.

With both Theon and Euron now dead, Yara Greyjoy is the only surviving Greyjoy, and therefore the only one with a clear claim to the Salt Throne. (She was her father's choice for his successor anyway, but Euron murdered his estranged brother King Balon and then drummed up enough support to get himself confirmed as king at a Kingsmoot through promises of wealth and plunder, despite the late king's express wishes for Yara to be next in line.)

Plus, Yara currently holds the Iron Islands, having successfully seized control with a small force since it was largely undefended due to Euron and the Iron Fleet being away in King's Landing, as reported by Varys a couple episodes ago.

Therefore, due to both her rightful claim and her actual control of the islands, Yara Greyjoy will almost certainly be confirmed as Queen of the Iron Islands during the next Kingsmoot, once word of Euron's death reaches the Islands.

It just remains to be seen if Yara and the Iron Islands will remain subservient to the Throne, or if they will revert to an independent kingdom.

Like Dorne, and The North (to a lesser extent), even while nominally under the control of the Throne, the Ironborn were always fiercely independent. So the preference of all three of those kingdoms would be to return to independence, which is a very real possibility if Dany is out of the picture.

I suspect that will be the end result. Yara on the throne of an independent Iron Islands in Pyke. Sansa on the throne of an independent North in Winterfell. Etc.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Yara was an interesting character, but I have the feeling that unless she shows up at some sort of group meeting called by Dany, or rebellion led by Jon, we won't be seeing her again. The way it's been depicted, the Ironborn have been decimated. As long as Dany has Drogon, they can't refuse her rule.

We still are also likely due revisiting Sansa, Brienne, Bran, Bronn, and maybe Pod, that I can think of, so they'll have a lot to fit in.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Would love to see Jon turn the dragon to his side kill the bitch and rule everything peacefully.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Would love to see Jon turn the dragon to his side kill the bitch and rule everything peacefully.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Man, that would probably be a living hell for him.

Probably him staggering off north of the wall in search of the free folk would be best for him at this point.

Of course this show isn't about happy endings so.......

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jon facing down zombie Viserion might have been him conducting a crazy test, which he seems to have passed. If a zombie dragon won't attack him, maybe a momma's-boy dragon won't either. Hell, he could just hop on that SOB and fly off leaving Dany in the dust. Fry the Unsullied and Dothraki, and call it a day.

posted Hide Post
Sloppy storytelling this season. I am just happy to know that I will kind of know what Martin planned.

A lot of Unsullied and Dothraki in the final episode trailer. Glad that she planned ahead for the Battle of Winterfell and left reserves on Dragonstone... Roll Eyes

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I suspect there will be a few hanging threads, since negotiation is underway regarding spinoffs on GOT. There is money to be made here. The best way to insure continued viewerships is to wrap up some of the stories but leave other avenues open.

They can always bring characters back to life like they did with Jon. Personally I just wish they let him die along with Bran. Too boring characters.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I suspect there will be a few hanging threads, since negotiation is underway regarding spinoffs on GOT. There is money to be made here. The best way to insure continued viewerships is to wrap up some of the stories but leave other avenues open.

They can always bring characters back to life like they did with Jon. Personally I just wish they let him die along with Bran. Too boring characters.

I have to respectfully disagree.
Without Jon coming back, the epic battle of the bastards would never have occurred.

Not to mention when him and Dany were first introduced......this is Dany blah blah blah. Then the simple , this is Jon Snow Big Grin

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Any chance that Drogon, who has at times ignored Dany (took her away to that grass mountain, back on Essos, and then ignored her so she had to wander off on foot) went rogue and it was him rather than Dany doing the overkill?

Nah, who am I kidding. He was under control enough to take out the Red Keep.

So, is there anything actually in King's Landing worth staying and fighting for now, or does it become New Harrenhall? I wouldn't want to be reigning over that mess and having to do urban renewal (and rehabilitation) for whatever fraction of the King's Landing populace who survived, all of whom would hate the winning side - the one that did the sacking/burning/killing - worse than they hated Cersi.

(Hard to imagine anything that would make Cersi look good, but, yeah, give the devil her due....)

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post