SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I think that the conceit of the show, which is so wildly different than what has come before, is that there is no central protagonist.

Given the show's track record. I find it hard to believe that Arya kills both the Night King and Dany.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm wondering if we're going to see a moment when Dany tells Drogon to Dracar-Jon's-ass, but he doesn't do it.

Or he does and it doesn't work... then everyone knows Jon is a Targaryn, so she will have given up the secret she wanted so desperately to hide.

Jon really is the Ice and Fire - Stark and Targaryn

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I think that the conceit of the show, which is so wildly different than what has come before, is that there is no central protagonist.

That's kinda how the books are laid out. Chapters jump around between a couple dozen different "Point of View characters". So there's no single protagonist that the books follow, although Jon, Tyrion, Arya, and Dany make up the majority of the chapters.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
I'm wondering if we're going to see a moment when Dany tells Drogon to Dracar-Jon's-ass, but he doesn't do it.

Or he does and it doesn't work... then everyone knows Jon is a Targaryn, so she will have given up the secret she wanted so desperately to hide.

Jon really is the Ice and Fire - Stark and Targaryn

I recall he burned his hand on a lantern during the fight of a white at Wall where he saved the Lord Commander..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. It's already been established back in Season 1/Book 1 that Jon is not immune to fire.

But they wouldn't need that spectacle for word to get out anyway. Varys was sending out ravens with messages about Jon's heritage before he was killed, so word is already out.

We just don't know who all knows, yet.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
The Golden Company did not amount to a hill of beans! I guess the Iron Bank will never see that loan paid.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Ugh. This show completely killed itself this season. What a lazy, stupid, pile of shite.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

Outstanding! Ned's been in the shower the whole time.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
This show completely killed itself this season.

I think that's the whole point...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well. Guess that Dany is the boss when it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Best thing she can do now is get on whatever boat is left and sail back to where she came from.

Otherwise she will be looking over her shoulder for the rest of her miserable life.

And the Hound is fine. He's taken a tumble before. Someone will stroll through in a few days and pluck him from the rubble and fix him up.

Last shot of the show he will be sitting on a beach in Naath sipping mead from the Mountains skull.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I really think they redeemed themselves from Ep4 to Ep5. Yes, it's too fast but it put to bed the invincibility of Scorpion and all Cersei's little tricks.

I was going to be REALLY pissed if the Bells were just a ruse to get the attacked forces inside, then have a trap.

Honestly, Mad or Not, Dany was just OVER IT. She's listened to people who have betrayed / failed her for 2 Seasons - gotten 2 of her dragons killed - wasted valuable allies. Tyrion, Varis, Jon, Sansa, etc.

Now burning the entire city down is 'a bit drastic', she should have just circled and decimated the Red Keep after doing the Iron Fleet / Scorpions / Golden Company - but I understand her position.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
I loved that episode. My only gripe would be that a filler episode would have been nice to really set up the "Dany goes crazy" plot line, but whatever.
Agreed. One more episode to stretch things out / make them more believable would have been more in line with the other season, but you just have to make the mental leap that it takes the North several weeks to march south, etc, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I really think they redeemed themselves from Ep4 to Ep5. Yes, it's too fast but it put to bed the invincibility of Scorpion and all Cersei's little tricks.

I was going to be REALLY pissed if the Bells were just a ruse to get the attacked forces inside, then have a trap.

Honestly, Mad or Not, Dany was just OVER IT. She's listened to people who have betrayed / failed her for 2 Seasons - gotten 2 of her dragons killed - wasted valuable allies. Tyrion, Varis, Jon, Sansa, etc.

Now burning the entire city down is 'a bit drastic', she should have just circled and decimated the Red Keep after doing the Iron Fleet / Scorpions / Golden Company - but I understand her position.

Its still a hell of a leap from "I'm going to wreck all my enemies and burn them to ash", to "I'm going to deliberately target civilians, roasting children alive".

They weren't just collateral damage at that point, she was specifically targeting them.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Cersi => Dani; “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.” Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The apple fell straight down from that tree.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The incestuous Targaryen inbreeding resulted in quite the hereditary madness streak.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I think the point of the extended Arya-as-atrocity-observer segment was to get all the viewers to the point Varys got to.

My guess is that Jon confronts Dany about her going nonlinear, Dany orders someone (Grey Worm or Drogon) to off Jon, and Arya takes her out.

In that scenario, with no other Targaryens left, and Jon (if he survives) not caring to rule, maybe it winds up with Gendry Baratheon, First of His Name, et. cetera, et. cetera, et. cetera?

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
See my prior post about Gendry. Without Dany or another sympathetic monarch making it official, I don't think Gendry can be anything but a non-legitimate bastard, which have no right to their family name or inheritance.

Even then, the Baratheon claim to the throne would be iffy. After all, the whole point of this military campaign was that the Baratheons were just rebellious usurpers who ousted the true Targaryen rulers from their rightful throne.

If there's no longer anyone alive with a clear, rightful claim to the throne, and nobody with enough military might left to unite Westeros by force, then the most likely outcome is that the Iron Throne's rule ceases to exist, and the Seven Kingdoms revert back to separate sovereign states.

That's what I'm betting on. Dany dies, and either Jon dies or Jon refuses to take the throne, and the Seven Kingdoms cease to exist as a unified entity. Then Tyrion rules the West, Samwell or Bronn rules the Reach, Sansa rules the North (and maybe the Riverlands and Vale), etc.

posted Hide Post
Dany had been loosing her cool for a while this season. She could see her problem with the north no matter what victory she might have in the south. Look at her again after the winter war as she glared over at all the blokes humming up with John. And remember she thinks of the dragons as her children. She is loosing everything including John and her claim. Also I think she was used to cities overthrowing their leaders for her and if not - then kill them all.

As for John and fire resistance - I wouldnt be surprised they work in some bs that if before he was killed he was a stark really. But brought back to life from the god of light / fire and all that released his Targaryen side.

But yes I believe Jamie and Cersei are gone and it would be the worst to have Tyrian go back to dany at this point. He would be killed. Period.

Arya is out. It’ll be John an dany dieing together and no more king - queen of the 7 kingdoms.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post