SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
ahh, yes. Thanks for the reminder. There's so much content, it's tough to keep it all straight.

I had just watched this episode last night, so it was fresh on the mind.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Clarification. I forgot that tidbit.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A girl tells good jokes. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just got past the 'mid-season premiere' of S6.

Bob (Hound) the Builder, Lyana Mormont & Arya's attempted killing.

Should still be able to get it finished before S8.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Wink

Note the post date Big Grin Too bad Fallon couldn't roll with it instead of over-act the ruse.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Too bad Fallon couldn't roll with it instead of over-act the ruse.

Fallon? Over-act? Never. Roll Eyes

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/vioOIXrOAa0

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Started S7 on Saturday, cutting it close.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Most EXCELLENT, Orguss. GREAT find!! Thanks for posting.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Been watching the previous seasons. Jorah is an underrated fighter, the old guy can kick some ass.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just finished season 6 and have two comments regarding The Battle of the Bastards:

1) Ramsay Bolton is using a special type of bow when he releases Rickon to run across the battlefield. It uses counter-balanced arms in addition to the regular arms. This is apparently a specially designed bow for Ramsay because nobody else is using one. I have never seen one outside of the show and wondered if it had a real-world application. I looked it up and found it to be called a Micmac or Penobscot bow.

2) Why didn't Wun Wun have a weapon? Give that giant a whittled down tree truck to use as a mace or something!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
2) Why didn't Wun Wun have a weapon? Give that giant a whittled down tree truck to use as a mace or something!

Or he could've easily grabbed a pike/spear from one of the soldiers in the Bolton army and used it like a toothpick picking up a piece of BBQ smoked sausage off a party platter. Yeah...things left out of the show just for the sake of the show/plot. Still...it's a great show!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I just finished season 6 and have two comments regarding The Battle of the Bastards:

1) Ramsay Bolton is using a special type of bow when he releases Rickon to run across the battlefield. It uses counter-balanced arms in addition to the regular arms. This is apparently a specially designed bow for Ramsay because nobody else is using one. I have never seen one outside of the show and wondered if it had a real-world application. I looked it up and found it to be called a Micmac or Penobscot bow.

Variation of a compound bow maybe?

Edit: Found this, Micmac or Penobscot Bow
https://www.quora.com/What-kin...ttle-of-the-Bastards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My guess is Daenerys gets killed by the dragon that shoots the blue stuff, since regular fire does not hurt her. She is resurrected to become the knight queen - with the dead knight king.

Then everybody dies in the end.

Valar morghulis = "all men must die"

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
A sound theory. But I doubt everyone dies in the end.

More likely to end up with Jon Snow having to kill her himself, thus leaving Jon as the last living Targaryen.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wrapped up S7 last night. Had forgotten about the conversation re: Jon's parental status between Bran/Sam.

I predict Jon ending the show on the throne, likely with Daenerys as queen.

Radio station this morning asked who listeners think will be the first major character to die in S8E1. I got to work before hearing many answers, first response was Cersei, host predicted Sansa.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrapped up S7 last night.

We did as well. Can't wait to see where it goes!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
quote:
Wrapped up S7 last night.

We did as well. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Sane here. A few of us at work have talked about setting up the projector in the conf room & watching on a huge screen.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of pools going on who will live and die. I think its good storytelling that really anything could happen at this point, you cant be sure any good guys will win or even be alive.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post