SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
A funny review and commentary:

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06...g-is-not-celebrating

Heh. "Bran MacGuffin".

Also:

"For those keeping score, the elapsed time between [Jon] promising Dany he wouldn't ever tell them his secret, and him telling [Sansa and Arya] his secret: six minutes...
… Elapsed time between [Sansa] promising never to tell anyone else about Jon and telling Tyrion about Jon: 10 minutes...
...Tyrion's told Varys Jon's secret, of course (elapsed time: Five minutes)."

21 whole minutes from a secret to everyone knowing.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Jaime and Tyrion should have just had Bronn killed before he could get out of Winterfell. Yeah, he could possibly maybe be useful to them later, but he's not The Mountain. He's not some superhero. Eliminate the threat.

Yes, call out and have the guards and army to kill him. Dany wouldn't take too nicely to someone threatening her hand. He has just proved he isn't really a friend, he is the sellsword he always said he was.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Why didnt Danny circle behind the ships and burn them all after they killed the Dragon.

I know it is fiction, but nearly every moment of this show is so calculated, I am having a difficult time getting past this.

Or come in from the top.

This ruined Epi 4 for me. I can accept Rhaegal getting hit by one lucky shot, but three? Do these bolts suddenly have heat-seeking technology/magic in them?

Dany was flying hundreds of feet above her ships, which means she should have seen Euron's fleet hours before they'd be able to sail within engagement distance. Isn't that the point of aerial reconnaissance?

Look at the design of the Scorpion giant crossbow.

It obviously has very limited up-down angle adjustment. If Dany and her dragon(s) chose to attack Euron's ships from the rear, maybe they could rotate their crossbows 180 deg, but then their sails and other parts of their ships would block their view. If they happened to have stern-mounted Scorpions as well, then Dany could attack from above. Those things can't point up.

You would think that after Bronn shot and disabled Dany's dragon w/ a scorpion after charging him head-on, she would know better, but no, that is exactly what she does again vs Euron's fleet mounted w/ bigger Scorpion bows.

When Dany confronts Cercei at the gate to Kings Landing, their defense looks very intimidating w/ over a dozen Scorpions mounted along the parapets. When I was watching, I noticed their Scorpions all hung over the front, which Hello?!, again means they can't rotate behind nor point up.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Might there have been some foreshadowing in the new opening animation?

When it gets to the part for King's Landing, the camera zooms into the basement of the Red Keep, where there's a large ballista. The camera flies directly over the center of the ballista, as if fired by it, and flies directly into a large dragon skull across the room.

I'm pretty sure that was in the opening since Season 8 episode 1

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Right. And I just remembered there was a scene in Season 7 where Qyburn and Cersei test the ballista on a dragon skull in the basement of the Red Keep.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Actually, that's the Scorpion that Qyburn demonstrates to Cersei in Season 7. Remember he has her pull the trigger and it fires a bolt into Balerion's skull? That's what the opening title sequence shows. That Scorpion and Balerion's skull.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know if Jaqen H’ghar and the Faceless will reappear. Hopefully they do not take out Arya after she does whatever she has to do.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears as if GOT producers did not have the benefit of modern military tactics. These guys probably failed Physics as well. We are talking about flying dragons that breath fire, something probably not encountered much on today's battlefield.
Some of this commentary reminds me of my Marine buddies who would constantly criticize the tactics and lack of realism in World War II films. It made it hard to enjoy the movie.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
"Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet" funny twitter video

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
"Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet" funny twitter video

Ha.

Nobody expects the Iron Fleet!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I know Dany has been fighting the army of the dead but what has she REALLY done to prepare for this war? Absolutely nothing!

Cersei on the other hand has been preparing!

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
In a vacuum, I liked the episode. I am more than a little irritated how they just seem to be throwing away seasons worth of character development. Jaime abandons Cercei, apologizes to Bran for pushing him, knights Brienne, and then a couple of days later it's like none of that ever happened. Arya bails on the Faceless Men, saying she's Arya Stark of Winterfell, and she'd going home, then after the victory she slips out and doesn't plan on returning. Gendry goes from marginal badass to lovesick puppy in a couple of days.

Enough has been said about the ships...

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So plenty of folks on the google are pissed at the way Jon left Ghost, but no real solid theory.

Any theories here as to why he just walked away without a proper pet or anything?

On it's surface, kind of a dick move.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any theories here as to why he just walked away without a proper pet or anything?

If he went to him, it would only make leaving that much harder. Remember he has to do more than just leave his wolf, he has to maintain face in front of the army. He can't be all weepy and stuff over his pet in front of his men.

Of course, if you follow the book values, he'll never be truly separated from him anyway.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
So plenty of folks on the google are pissed at the way Jon left Ghost, but no real solid theory.

On it's surface, kind of a dick move.

Maybe he's more in touch with his Targaryen lineage than his Stark lineage.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I know they are just CGI, but those damn dragons are my favorite characters. I wish they would stop killing them. If they off Drogon, I'm going to be really pissed. I also hated it when they killed the direwolfs at the Red Wedding.

I think I'll form the CGI Animal Conservation Foundation.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Spoiler alert: Targaryens drink overpriced burned liberal coffee.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:

I heard there's a Starkbucks on every damn corner in Winter Town.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Same reason why they're killing off all the dragons... They already blew most of their CGI budget, and still have 2 episodes to go.

(Kidding, but only just. The show creators actually said that's the main reason why you don't see the dire wolves much in later seasons. Scenes with the wolves are apparently extremely expensive and time-consuming.)

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

If he went to him, it would only make leaving that much harder. Remember he has to do more than just leave his wolf, he has to maintain face in front of the army. He can't be all weepy and stuff over his pet in front of his men.

Of course, if you follow the book values, he'll never be truly separated from him anyway.

After Jon kills Dany, he’ll return to the watch and reunite with the dog.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post