SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I agree that there's no time but it'd be a cool easter egg is someone in the golden company is named Griff, at least.

Also, as for Jon being Aegon... the other Aegon was Elia Martell's son, not Lyanna's.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
"Jaqen H'ghar, House of Black and White, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm"

I am pretty sure I'm kidding.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Here’s the link to the article, Corsair:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Angry+sta...ame+of+thrones+wired

The point was that if a reference is made, then include the link, like footnotes.

Good article.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Also, as for Jon being Aegon... the other Aegon was Elia Martell's son, not Lyanna's.

Yeah, I caught myself right after I typed that, but Rhino was too quick with the quote. Wink

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If Arya took the Night King’s face... does she get his powers? Maybe to trick Cersei?(Random thought.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Arya took the Night King’s face... does she get his powers? Maybe to trick Cersei?(Random thought.

His face and body shattered, like all the other WWs.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Haha, ewwwww.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

His face and body shattered, like all the other WWs.
I guess some things aren't blatantly obvious to some. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw an interesting theory regarding Jon's standing up to zombie Viserion.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/delia...hy-jon-snow-screamed

Distraction to let Arya into the Godswood?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I'll have to rewatch that scene. I was puzzled why Jon did what he did there, intentionally exposing himself to likely immolation.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I'll have to rewatch that scene. I was puzzled why Jon did what he did there, intentionally exposing himself to likely immolation.

I don't think he had any plan. He ran past Sam and the others, figuring to let them die so he could get to the night king. I think he just gave up and figured fuck it, I'm going out taking out this dragon or being eaten.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rewatched it a couple of times, as he stands up (angle looking at Jon), he appears to be looking directly at Viserion and yell at him, but then the angle changes from left and behind Jon looking at Viserion, he yells again at the dragon but then his head tilts forward like he's looking lower, between it's legs, then yells "no" or "go" twice and there is a slight head nod forward as if to urge someone to action, but it's hard to tell.

Could be something, could be nothing, but he obviously was trying to keep the attention of Viserion. He didn't raise his sword (which if he stabbed the dragon, would kill it instantly), so he's either gone crazy or doing something else.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I think he just gave up and figured fuck it, I'm going out taking out this dragon or being eaten.
He made zero effort to attack it.

ETA, the more you watch the scene, the more it makes sense and sounds like Go, instead No or some random yell.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You guys are forgetting that Arya was in an entirely separate area of Winterfell. Perhaps they could have planned ahead for this, but it seems far fetched, especially with how Arya reacted from her run through the interior spaces of Winterfell. Jon was probably about to open a can of whoopass on Viserion but didn’t get a chance cuz Arya killed the Night King just then.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The theory claims Viserion was guarding the entrance to the Godswood. I have no idea if that’s correct, but it makes sense. After all, he’s the one that blasted open the walls for the NK to enter Winterfell. It stands to reason he’d be near the NK.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You guys are forgetting that Arya was in an entirely separate area of Winterfell.
No, not forgetting - Yeah she started in a different area, but they both were trying to get into the Godswood, so logic and physics would dictate they may get closer at some point. Like if they are both near the entrance to the Godswood.
Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss: Perhaps they could have planned ahead for this, but it seems far fetched, especially with how Arya reacted from her run through the interior spaces of Winterfell.
I don't think anyone has implied it was planned, just that Jon stood up to confront Viserion and then 'maybe' saw Arya trying to sneak by and told her to GO while he stood there, to keep the dragon from moving to give her a chance that he couldn't get himself.
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss: Jon was probably about to open a can of whoopass on Viserion but didn’t get a chance cuz Arya killed the Night King just then.
Except he didn't. He stood there with his sword down, yelling for a good 10 seconds, even more with the time elapsed before it falls dead.
quote:
The theory claims Viserion was guarding the entrance to the Godswood. I have no idea if that’s correct, but it makes sense. After all, he’s the one that blasted open the walls for the NK to enter Winterfell. It stands to reason he’d be near the NK.
Correct, the dragon was guarding the entrance, Jon tried to get by several times but had to retreat due to the blue flames.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
You guys are forgetting that Arya was in an entirely separate area of Winterfell.
No, not forgetting - Yeah she started in a different area, but they both were trying to get into the Godswood, so logic and physics would dictate they may get closer at some point. Like if they are both near the entrance to the Godswood.
Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss: Perhaps they could have planned ahead for this, but it seems far fetched, especially with how Arya reacted from her run through the interior spaces of Winterfell.
I don't think anyone has implied it was planned, just that Jon stood up to confront Viserion and then 'maybe' saw Arya trying to sneak by and told her to GO while he stood there, to keep the dragon from moving to give her a chance that he couldn't get himself.
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss: Jon was probably about to open a can of whoopass on Viserion but didn’t get a chance cuz Arya killed the Night King just then.
Except he didn't. He stood there with his sword down, yelling for a good 10 seconds, even more with the time elapsed before it falls dead.
quote:
Correct, the dragon was guarding the entrance, Jon tried to get by several times but had to retreat due to the blue flames.

Speaking of Viserion, I thought the effects of burning, leaking gas/napalm constantly coming out of his rotting corpse was well done. He was a mess.

Oh. Hot Pie will sit on the throne in the end. Everyone underestimated him cause he's fat.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Speaking of Viserion, I thought the effects of burning, leaking gas/napalm constantly coming out of his rotting corpse was well done. He was a mess.

The holes in his neck were caused during the aerial dragon fight earlier in the episode. One of the dragons (Dany's, IIRC) had pounced on Viserion's back and bit/mauled his neck.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

The holes in his neck were caused during the aerial dragon fight earlier in the episode. One of the dragons (Dany's, IIRC) had pounced on Viserion's back and bit/mauled his neck.

That makes more sense now that you explain it being he hasn't been dead long.

Possibly the spear puncture also? I thought he was leaking when he blasted through the ice wall.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
A friend sent this to me recently. I feel it's much too soon....but I'll share anyway....

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post