SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERTS (Obviously)

I'm probably in the minority, but I was not too impressed with the episode.

It started off great....I don't know how many minutes with no dialogue. Great tension builder. But once the army of the dead arrived, it was impossible to tell what was happening. Couldn't tell the difference between living and dead unless it was a close up. I found it confusing .

And that whole thing with Arya at the end was a bit out of nowhere. I mean, where did she come from? And how come no one saw her until she was doing a ninja leap onto the Night King? Seemed a bit contrived to me and anticlimactic. I would have preferred some kind of stand-off or fight or something tragic-heroic.

And what is the story behind Mellisandre's strange death? Why was this her time?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
And what is the story behind Mellisandre's strange death? Why was this her time?

Same as Beric... The Lord of Light was keeping her alive with magic until she had served her purpose.

We knew from a couple seasons ago that she was an ancient woman wearing the illusion of a young woman and being held together with magic, and that each use of her magic drained her further.

Lighting the Dothraki's swords, lighting the pit, and then giving Arya a final nudge towards her destiny was all she had left. And she had foreseen it.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I'm rage quitting.

Lowest common denominator bullshit.

I'm almost there too.
The NK was such a bigger threat than Cersei.
Not sure why they ended it so quickly.
Certainly there will be a big twist toward the end. Or not, by the way these first three episodes have played out.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Pod was alive with Jaime and Brienne.

Sooo... What the hell does Bran do? No real powers at all, just a bio-hard drive I guess.

Thanks for the reminder of Melisandre. you forget scenes that were years ago. With two dragons left doesn't seem like Cersei will be a a huge threat. You would think the Night King would have been the ultimate bad guy.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Sooo... What the hell does Bran do? No real powers at all, just a bio-hard drive I guess.

He can see remotely.

He can see the past, and potentially the future.

He can influence the past.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I did expect one or two major character deaths. Someone more than Theon or Jorah.

I hope they aren't chickening out.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Still have Bronn out there somewhere too with that crossbow

Remember Tyrions line to Bronn in season 2. Its something like this.

"If someone pays you to kill me, remember. Whatever the price, ill double it."

I think that will pay off.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good episode, but I certainly agree that it was shot way too dark. I get it, it’s at night, but at times all I could make out were shapes and figures on my hotel room tv. I assumed it was going to be Arya when she said, “blue eyes”. Left pondering a bit as how she got by all the other walkers, then again she is a master assassin, or something...

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I did expect one or two major character deaths. Someone more than Theon or Jorah.

I hope they aren't chickening out.

Still three episodes left..

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I think the dark theme might have something to do with "The night is dark and full of terrors"

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That was creepy when the Dothraki disappeared.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I could see him saying his job is done, and him taking the role of the former 3-eyed Raven - planted, living alone, as a vegetable.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
So, isn’t the first rule of having an Air Force to not let it get caught in the ground?

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Well, at least Sam gets his sword back

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need a new TV....or, change my settings, very dark, looked muddy on my screen. Will need to watch a second time, with new settings. Had difficulty making out what was happening.

Dothraki riding off into the night, while impressive with their lit arakhs, pretty sure that's NOT how you use your cavalry.

The tactics of the dead, pretty straight forward by the numbers, no surprises here. Frontal assault, overwhelm and swarm with numbers, it's been this way the entire time and glad they kept to this MO.

Night King survives dragon fire, whoa....dragon fire and magic is used to forge Valyrian steel, Varlyrian steel can kill Walkers, dragons are signs of magic, can somebody explain. Confused

Arya leaping through the air...SO, none of the other White Walkers saw this? Roll Eyes

What was Bran doing during the entire battle? He spent the entire time warging into the crows, flying around...nobody asks him what his contribution will be?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about Bran. Where did all of those ravens go?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
So dark there’s no reason to watch it again. Annoying how dark it is. Makes me wonder if that was their solution to crappy effects.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Did the wolf get a kill?

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I was going to my buddy's to watch the episode tonight. I stopped at the 7-11 to load up on snacks. I was waiting in front for my friend inside when this stranger comes out and starts putting his goods inside his bag. He turns and shouts at me, "Hey! Do you watch Game of Thrones?" I told him I was headed to my friend's house to watch it right now. The guy says, "I just want to say, I'm a huge follower of Sun-Tzu and Genghis Khan, and these guys' strategies and tactics at Winterfell suck! That's all I'll say! GRRRRRRRRR!" Then he turned and stormed away around the corner. I thought that was pretty funny.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to figure out where Arya came from to do what she did with the Catspaw Dagger near Bran.

And is she the "one" from the Azor Ahai Prophecy?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post