SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Whoever sits on the Iron Throne decides to go to late dinner at a diner after it is all over. A stranger walks behind him and then the screen goes black.

or screen goes black... then Tony Soprano awakens, shakes it off, and slips on his robe and slippers to go get the paper at the end of the driveway.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^Not before The Battle for Winterfell, where amidst the mayhem, Jon grabs a rope as it trails a fleeing, panicked horse, hops onto a shield, rides the shield over a mound of corpses and flys over the Night King, decapitating him in the process.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just rewatched the episode. I have to wonder how large the crypt is because in the scene where Jon tells Daenerys about his true identity they're the only people in there. No sounds of other people, nobody in the background. Nothing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Jon and Daenerys will be on the dragons providing air support during the war at Winterfell...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I just rewatched the episode. I have to wonder how large the crypt is because in the scene where Jon tells Daenerys about his true identity they're the only people in there. No sounds of other people, nobody in the background. Nothing.

I believe the crypt is a multilevel structure under Winterfell

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^Also, in seasons past, there have been at least a couple of references to secret tunnels and passageways, likely only known to the Starks.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
If my memory of the books are right, the crypts are massive.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Recall Bran Rickon Hodor and such hid in the crypt for some period of time and Theon had to know about their existence but didn't find them, so I think they are larger than just a tomb.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
All fair points; however, there are hundreds of, if not a couple thousand, refugees at Winterfell. I’d have thought they’d be packed in there like sardines. It was already well into the night with the expected attack happening at any moment.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
All fair points; however, there are hundreds of, if not a couple thousand, refugees at Winterfell. I’d have thought they’d be packed in there like sardines. It was already well into the night with the expected attack happening at any moment.

If I remember the books correctly, Winterfell is much larger than it’s appearance in the series. They refer to the castle grounds and underground rooms being able to house the entire citizenry of the north during long winters.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Recall Bran Rickon Hodor and such hid in the crypt for some period of time and Theon had to know about their existence but didn't find them, so I think they are larger than just a tomb.

Wasn't there a secret tunnel(s) that they escaped out of too?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not from Winterfell. Osha helped them sneak out a side gate. But there was a secret tunnel in an abandoned Black Watch fortress that they used to get beyond The Wall.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Just remember that this is still Game of Thrones and if you're expecting a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

And a "happy ending" for a lot of these characters is redemption. expecting everyone that needs redemption to get it is unwise, imo.

I'd say there is an even chance Theon pisses himself at the sight of the NK and runs away as stands up to him and saves Bran.

Jamie seems like a better chance to actually be redeemed. Brienne has been a bit of a tragic figure and it wouldn't surprise me to see her fail once again to protect her liege, who I guess is Sansa now. Though I do not think Sansa is going anywhere just yet.

I don't think Jorah's story is done yet. Beric's probably is. Grey Worm is meh to me. Varys hasn't been a necessary character in 2 seasons so unless he knows something nobody else does, he is probably gone.

Not to introduce any spoilers, because the series has already diverged significantly, but Brienne is already dead at this juncture in the books....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
Not to introduce any spoilers, because the series has already diverged significantly, but Brienne is already dead at this juncture in the books....

We don't know that.

She was set for execution by Lady Stoneheart at the end of the fourth book, but it was revealed in the fifth book that she was apparently spared and released.

As of the latest book, Brienne is still alive. We last saw her in Chapter 48 of "A Dance With Dragons" in Riverrun, where she finds Jamie and convinces him to come with her to search for Sansa Stark, who she believes is with The Hound.

(The theory is that she's actually supposed to be leading Jamie to an ambush where he can be captured, having agreed to this in exchange for her life. But we'll have to wait for the next book to know for sure.)

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

YEE HAW!! It’s almost time for episode 3!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are going to roll Ep2 first and move right into Ep3.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You may be familiar with Jason Whitlock, sports reporter from the Kansas City Star, on-screen sports reporter, ESPN and guest on Tucker Carlson’s show. His predictions for the battle:

quote:
Here are my predictions on the major characters who die next week on GoT: Jon Snow, King Slayer, Theon, Lady Brienne, Samwell Tarly, Davos, Gendry, Jorah Mormont.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
lolwut? That's every fighter they've got. That's just not happening.

posted Hide Post
5 people I see surviving tonight are:

Aegon Targaryen, aka Jon Snow
Arya Stark
Bran Stark
Jamie or Tyrion Lannister (at least 1, maybe both)
Jorah Mormont (to weep over the loss of the Queen)

More may survive, but I think these are shoo ins.

Near certain deaths IMO are:
Theon
Dany

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd put Dany as a decent possibility, but less than "near certain".

My money's on Theon and Brienne.

With all the build-up in the last episode of reinforcing that Brienne and Jamie trust and respect each other, and then Jamie knighting Brienne, I think Jamie's going to have to watch Brienne die while being unable to save her. Or Brienne is going to sacrifice herself to save Jamie.

I also think there will be one or more "shockers", like Dany, Sansa, Arya, and/or Tyrion.