SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning*
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 8 *spoiler warning* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doubt the battle will wrap in the next episode, but there has to be an episode or maybe two, dedicated to fighting/backstabbing among the living as to who will sit on the throne. Assuming there are any living left, but I doubt the Night King will win, not saying he's certain to be killed either.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
While I am as pumped as everyone else for the next four episodes, has anyone considered that maybe the next episode will not focus on Winterfell?

As others have suggested, maybe the Night King isn't even at Winterfell? Maybe he is elsewhere? Kings Landing? What are the chances episode three takes us out of Winterfell and completely focuses elsewhere, delaying the battle of Winterfell until a later episode?

The previews for Episode 3 show fighting at Winterfell, and snippets of characters in/around Winterfell.

So I think it's a safe bet that most/all of it will be at Winterfell.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
It has been public knowledge for a while that episode 3 will be the battle of Winterfell. A running time of 82 minutes with the battle itself to be at least 45 contiguous minutes.

They have been hyping it as the longest battle scene ever put on film.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
It has been public knowledge for a while that episode 3 will be the battle of Winterfell. A running time of 82 minutes with the battle itself to be at least 45 contiguous minutes.

They have been hyping it as the longest battle scene ever put on film.
Yes, I think Ep3 will put the night king to rest and 4-6 will focus on the Iron throne / Cerse / etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I think it would be odd to axe Varys in episode 3 when he had no screen time in episode 2 (well, he was in the background of a few scenes). That would just seem unprompted. And I wonder how closely tied his fate is to Melisandre's, who's not shown up yet.

I think the Spider survives another day.
Yes, I think he and the Red Woman have more to do.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Maybe Varys will pull a Theon, and when the NK tries to kick him in the balls repeatedly, to no effect, Varys smirks and beats him to a pulp. In fact, the entire Unsullied army should intentionally expose their crotches.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
I doubt they would give that kill to Theon. He's from a minor house. If the Night King is slain, it would be someone from one of the four major houses.

On this show, it could be anyone. But it would be a nice redemption story for Theon, who was a quasi-adopted Stark who went bad. They all say Bran will be a target, and Theon has volunteered to protect him. But that doesn't mean it play out that way. Perhaps it will only be the Night King's minions who come for Bran. Hell, almost anything could happen. Perhaps they capture Bran. No telling.

It is certainly possible that the Night King doesn't die in the next episode at all.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm not exactly filled with confidence that Theon and his small number of Ironborn who probably don't give 2 shits about Bran are the best choice to defend him, anyway. They'd be among my last choices for that task. Of course, who knows what will happen? Thinking about the possibilities is a big part of the fun.

posted Hide Post
I rather doubt that the eunuchs will triumph. I am still betting on Cersei.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Arya will kill the NK with her new weapon.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I hope the last scene of the entire series is a victorious Night King getting murdered by a disguised Arya.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I hope the last scene of the entire series is a victorious Night King getting murdered by a disguised Arya.

*The Night King stands triumphant over the frozen ruins of King's Landing. The Iron Throne lies in a chilly heap at his feet. The zombie horde mills about aimlessly behind him.*

*Night King suddenly disappears in a shower of blue crystals as a giant dragonglass club is driven forcefully downward, crushing his head into his torso*

*Looming over that spot, Zombie Wun-Wun peels off his face, revealing still-living Arya, as the remainder of the zombie crumple to the floor*

"The North Remembers"

*black*

/Fin

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
^^^
That would be soooo cool...and so inline with the twist of the show

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
^^^

Yeah that would be AMAZING

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Arya will do something important in the battle of Winterfell and be killed in episode 5 by a Faceless Man

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Does anyone think Baelish is still alive?
I've heard a few theories that this could very well be possible.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
^^^

The last line in the show,
"if you leave one wolf alive....."

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Does anyone think Baelish is still alive?
I've heard a few theories that this could very well be possible.

I've not heard the theories, but that seems too far-fetched, to me.

Regarding Arya, don't forget Nymeria and her pack are presumably not too far away. Stark wolves have a habit of remaining off screen until the exact moment they're needed to save a Stark's life.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Whoever sits on the Iron Throne decides to go to late dinner at a diner after it is all over. A stranger walks behind him and then the screen goes black.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Whoever sits on the Iron Throne decides to go to late dinner at a diner after it is all over. A stranger walks behind him and then the screen goes black.

LOL - I see what you did there.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post